Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Premier and True Credit 3-in-1 reports

tag
ChemGuy
Frequent Contributor

Citi Premier and True Credit 3-in-1 reports

I as of this morning I had FICOs of 630 (TU), 656 (EQ), 668 (EX) and True Credit FAKOs of 604 TU, 612 EQ, 603 Ex.  I decided this afternoon to apply for Citi Premier Pass card in hopes of converting to a Dividends card.  Citi pulled EQ (as I was hoping) but did NOT give me Instant Approval.  Does this mean I'm denied?

Just now True Credit says my FAKOs are 593 TU, 591 EX, 603 EQ....but only EQ was pulled for Citi inquiry...what gives?  Nothing else changes according to my observation.  Why does True Credit modify all scores with a change to one bureau report?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citi Premier and True Credit 3-in-1 reports

ChemGuy wrote:
I as of this morning I had FICOs of 630 (TU), 656 (EQ), 668 (EX) and True Credit FAKOs of 604 TU, 612 EQ, 603 Ex.  I decided this afternoon to apply for Citi Premier Pass card in hopes of converting to a Dividends card.  Citi pulled EQ (as I was hoping) but did NOT give me Instant Approval.  Does this mean I'm denied?

Just now True Credit says my FAKOs are 593 TU, 591 EX, 603 EQ....but only EQ was pulled for Citi inquiry...what gives?  Nothing else changes according to my observation.  Why does True Credit modify all scores with a change to one bureau report?

Are you sure nothing else changed on your reports?
Message 2 of 4
ChemGuy
Frequent Contributor

My wells fargo card reports to Ex before EQ and is currently not reporting to TU; turns out that they HAVE reported to EX for this month whereby my balance on the card has increased from 15 to 50 dollars ($1100 CL).  Again, not a change registered on TU!
Message 3 of 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Well, that is the tricky thing about trying to figure out score changes on FAKO's like TC. Since no one has a clue what their score model looks like, there's no practical way to figure out what their score changes mean. We just don't know enough about the model to do any kind of useful reverse engineering (which would be a fun intellectual challenge, but ultimately a huge waste of time.)

There is a decent amount of knowledge as to what goes into a Vantage score (which TC is not), but the rest of the FAKO's are true black boxes, in the classic math/ science model. Data goes in, something mysterious and magical happens inside the black box, and SPROING! a score pops out.

Again, my TC FAKO's have gone up and down while my FICO's never budged, and my FICO's have changed (usually upward, thank goodness) without a twitch from TC, even though the changes on the reports that were responsible for the FICO changes are right there for all to see.

FICO's and FAKO's do not reliably and consistently track one another.

Congrats on your FICO's, which seem to be moving along nicely! And I'm glad that they're higher than the FAKO's. It's always so demoralizing when it's the other way around. Smiley Very Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.