cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Premier card qualifications?

tag
Brass15

Citi Premier card qualifications?

Hey Everyone, new to the boards. I am wondering it I will be denied for the citi premier card with my credit score. I have had one inquiry in the past year (march 2012) for opening an Amex and have about $65k in student loans. Current utilization is about 15%. What do you think?

BoA $5k / BoA Rewards $7.5k / Amex Blue Sky $7.5k / Disc $6.5 k

Eq: 678 Ex: 685 TU: 746
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi Premier card qualifications?

@Brass15 wrote:

Hey Everyone, new to the boards. I am wondering it I will be denied for the citi premier card with my credit score. I have had one inquiry in the past year (march 2012) for opening an Amex and have about $65k in student loans. Current utilization is about 15%. What do you think?

You have some pretty good lines, I would say that your approval odds are relatively high. If I had to guess, I would say that the underwriting for citi typ is comparable to the Amex bs in your sig. Student loans wouldn't prevent approval provided they are current ( I imagine that this is the case, given your signature line).

Are those scores in your sig fico scores? They most likely aren't unless they came from a lender or you bought them from this site.

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 2 of 3
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Premier card qualifications?

The TY Premier card is a nice looking card especially the no AF for the first year.

I dont know if you apply for the Premier and get denied they will offer the other version, but I do know if you apply for the TY Preferred and denied they will offer the regular TY card.

But you have a good chance, just make sure your current cards are reporting a small balance below 10% if possible. CITI is known to deny people if they have no balance reporting.

Good luck!

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.