cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi PremierPass - Need 3 accounts over 1 year...

tag
billsfan14
New Contributor

Citi PremierPass - Need 3 accounts over 1 year...

I called about a recon on my recently denied Citi PP Amex.  I tried several backdoor numbers but always ended up with a frontline CSR reading from a script.  My only reason for denial was insufficient credit history.  The CSR told me I must have 3 accounts over 1 year old to qualify, I do not.

I tried all avenues around this, but she wouldn't budge.  I also asked if I qualify for any other cards since history was my only preventing issue, but she was unable to help.

Overall, not very happy with Citi.  Anyone have any recon suggestions or magical numbers? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi PremierPass - Need 3 accounts over 1 year...

Have you tried going for regular (not Amex) Citi Primier Pass? Amex is cutting down on risk and you must be getting flagged as higher risk. Have you looked at Citi Forward?
Message 2 of 6
billsfan14
New Contributor

I wasn't sure if the 3 year requirement was for the MC PremierPass as well.  I've been debating applying for the Foward, but don't want to waste another INQ unless I'm a solid approval. 

This past week I was approved for a Chase ($3,500) and received a CLI on my FIA Issued card for a total of $1,500.  This brought my totals to $5,500 and UTL to 9%. 

I'm happy with my total credit right now, but more never hurts!  Just not sure if it's worth it for my AAoA and INQs to apply for another Citi. 

Message 3 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

The Citi AmEx (or USAA AmEx, or BofA AmEx, etc etc) has nothing to do with American Express's decision-making process. It's only an AmEx card because it's processed through that card network, and it has the consumer protection features.

Otherwise, completely independent of American Excitement Centurion Bank.

But it might be a tougher card to get within the Citi offerings.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have Citi PP (MC) and use it all the time to get points, but I actually like Citi Dividend Platinum Select more... Not sure how easy it's to get either right now, but I like Citi despite all the issues they have had.

Also, try Discover, I think they are tryng to court customers aggressively now. 

Message 5 of 6
billsfan14
New Contributor

I have a Discover right now, but with only a $500 limit.  I hit the 6 month mark in May and will try for a CLI.  

I'd like to transfer the balance from my FIA and Discover (~$500 for both) onto the Chase.  That should help my scores with only 1 account reporting a balance.  Only downside is I'm aware payments go to the lower APR first, which is the 0% on BT and then to my purchases. With the 6% cash back on gas for the first three months, I plan on using my Chase only for that but don't want to get stuck with some high finance charges.

I'll be using my Amex Gold for all my other purchases during the next three months to get my bonus points for spending $500. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.