Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Prequalifier

tag
anderl
Frequent Contributor

Citi Prequalifier

So received a mail offer for the Citi Diamond Preferred 11.99% for 18mnths. Not a bad offer for a BT. So I go to look at other cards Citi has to offer, and check out the pre qualifier. Enter my info and Citi DP does not pop up. Instead Citi Simplicity pops up and below reads "And here are other cards you might be interested in". How accurate is the pre qualifier,lolSmiley Very Happy Granted , I received the mail offer sometime last month; maybe since then I've pre qualified for other cards?

Amex Platinum Charge(NPSL); Starwood Amex Preferred CC(20K CL); Diners Club ELITE MC(20K);Diners Club Premier MC(20K,could've sworn the rep said 25k, oh well lol);Delta Amex Reserve CC(21K CL); Amex PRG Charge(NPSL); United Presidential Plus Chase World Elite MC (15K CL); AARP Chase Visa Signature(35K CL); NFCU Visa Platinum(20K CL) NFCU LOC(15K); NFCU Go Rewards MC(17.5K); Disover IT 7.8K;
First Tech Federal Visa Platinum(15K CL); Simmons First Visa Platinum(9K CL); Wells Fargo Visa Platinum(7.5K CL); CitiBank Sears MC(6K CL); JCPenney Card(7.5K CL); Lowes(2.5K CL);Barclays Mile & More Lufthansa 12.5K.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Prequalifier

Obviously, there is limited sample size here. However, I prequaled for DC, and was auto-approved on the website. 

Message 2 of 9
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@anderl wrote:

So received a mail offer for the Citi Diamond Preferred 11.99% for 18mnths. Not a bad offer for a BT. So I go to look at other cards Citi has to offer, and check out the pre qualifier. Enter my info and Citi DP does not pop up. Instead Citi Simplicity pops up and below reads "And here are other cards you might be interested in". How accurate is the pre qualifier,lolSmiley Very Happy Granted , I received the mail offer sometime last month; maybe since then I've pre qualified for other cards?

If Citi mails you an offer it's usually pretty accurate.  With your lineup I wouldn't take the bait though, I'd go for one of those lovely AA cards Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 9
uswala
Senior Contributor

@B335is wrote:

If Citi mails you an offer it's usually pretty accurate.  With your lineup I wouldn't take the bait though, I'd go for one of those lovely AA cards Smiley Happy

+1

Message 4 of 9
anderl
Frequent Contributor

OK bit the bullet lol. Approved 9.5K. Almost went for the AA cardSmiley Surprised

Amex Platinum Charge(NPSL); Starwood Amex Preferred CC(20K CL); Diners Club ELITE MC(20K);Diners Club Premier MC(20K,could've sworn the rep said 25k, oh well lol);Delta Amex Reserve CC(21K CL); Amex PRG Charge(NPSL); United Presidential Plus Chase World Elite MC (15K CL); AARP Chase Visa Signature(35K CL); NFCU Visa Platinum(20K CL) NFCU LOC(15K); NFCU Go Rewards MC(17.5K); Disover IT 7.8K;
First Tech Federal Visa Platinum(15K CL); Simmons First Visa Platinum(9K CL); Wells Fargo Visa Platinum(7.5K CL); CitiBank Sears MC(6K CL); JCPenney Card(7.5K CL); Lowes(2.5K CL);Barclays Mile & More Lufthansa 12.5K.
Message 5 of 9
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@anderl wrote:

OK bit the bullet lol. Approved 9.5K. Almost went for the AA cardSmiley Surprised

Congrats.  Yes you should have gone for AA to get some type on bonus Smiley Tongue

Message 6 of 9
uswala
Senior Contributor

@anderl wrote:

Congrats!

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@uswala wrote:

@anderl wrote:

Congrats!

uswala ... you got us bank cash month after citi double cash ? they dont care about inquires ? i have 1 this year from last month and not sure if applying for the citi double cash first or us bank first and citi after would make any difference 

Message 8 of 9
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

I'm pretty certain pre-qualified and pre-approved are two different things.

TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.