Did you mean: 

Citi Prestige 3X Gas?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Prestige 3X Gas?

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I think I'd MUCH rather have 5000 TY points than the 3x on gas.  Think about it, you'll have to spend $2,500 on gas before you make up the difference between 1x points and 3x.  At current gas prices it'd take me like 7 years to buy that much gas!  Then when you consider benefits from other cards (the current 5% x2 promo for Discover IT, 3% from my wife's BCP), there's even less benefit to 3x TY points.  I think I'll have to make a call, and of course not mention I read about it here.

You don't know what people expenses are in certain categories. There are people that drive trucks and pay for their own

fuel and when you spend $400 a day on fuel to fill up, Yes it can be a very big deal and may be the whole reason they app was 

gas was a big factor . Truck stops are codes as gas stations. 

Under that circumstance they would be better off with the Premier since it covers bridge and tolls as well as parking/garages. Sucks for people who applied thinking that was legit offer though.

Message 21 of 25
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I think I'd MUCH rather have 5000 TY points than the 3x on gas.  Think about it, you'll have to spend $2,500 on gas before you make up the difference between 1x points and 3x.  At current gas prices it'd take me like 7 years to buy that much gas!  Then when you consider benefits from other cards (the current 5% x2 promo for Discover IT, 3% from my wife's BCP), there's even less benefit to 3x TY points.  I think I'll have to make a call, and of course not mention I read about it here.

You don't know what people expenses are in certain categories. There are people that drive trucks and pay for their own

fuel and when you spend $400 a day on fuel to fill up, Yes it can be a very big deal and may be the whole reason they app was 

gas was a big factor . Truck stops are codes as gas stations. 

Under that circumstance they would be better off with the Premier since it covers bridge and tolls as well as parking/garages. Sucks for people who applied thinking that was legit offer though.

yes it does suck, big time....... Their fault !!! lol

Message 22 of 25
yfan
Valued Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

Many of the lenders have spies here. It's no secret. I'll never forget the Langley CU fiasco last year where many members got hps then shutdown because somebody mentioned Myfico to Langley. Then they started coming here and reading all the hype about their lil CU. Then started shutting people down left and right like we were some kind of cult trying to scam them. LMAO. Where's Chili? Lol

No need for spies to read a forum that is public. I doubt anyone needs to mention the MyFico forums to a lender in order for lenders to be aware of it either. Fair Isaac is the leading provider in the industry of credit scores. It is neither unusual nor unexpected for lenders to be aware of FICO, MyFICO (the consumer facing site) or the forums. In fact, it'd be odd if they didn't know about it.

As for a CSR saying that many people have said they read this or that on MyFICO, before we go on blaming fellow forum members for tattling, couldn't the rep just have said that because they too read it here? They don't want to say, "Hey I read it on MyFICO, that's why you are calling in huh", so they say instead "Many people calling mentioned MyFICO."

At the end of the day, the truth is that for people to find out about the tactics and loopholes, they need to be shared in public. And whenever anything is shared in public, you run the risk of the banks seeing it. You can't really avoid that.

Message 23 of 25
jsucool76
Super Contributor

+1

All of the banks are familiar with myfico and the fair Isaac corporation. I promise you.

Same with flyertalk.
Message 24 of 25
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

BTW the point of my comment is to discourage people from bring it up on the phone. Its very well known that reps from companies read forums/blogs/social media.
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.