Did you mean: 

Citi Prestige 4th Night Free Booking

tag
SMDLiquid
Regular Contributor

Citi Prestige 4th Night Free Booking

The process of booking should be a lot easier now 

http://thepointsguy.com/2016/01/easier-to-book-citi-prestige-4th-night-free/

Chase Freedom | Chase Freedom Unlimited | Chase Hyatt | Chase Sapphire Preferred AU | Amex EDP AU | Amex SPG | Citi Prestige | Citi AAdvantage Executive | AAdvantage Aviator Red |

FICO: Experian 821 | TransUnion 825 | Equifax 830 | Last App: 08/28/2017
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Prestige 4th Night Free Booking

I would say when I booked my last stay the process wasn't exciting. Hopefully this will indeed be better, it would be great if we could book online.
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for reporting this.  This change corresponded to Citi's switching their concierge provider from the Ten Group to Aspire (same one Amex Platinum uses).

Message 3 of 13
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

While this is an improvement overall, I find that I'm able to score huge discounts on let's say expedia, bookit.com that significantly outweigh the 4th free perk. Example: I recently booked a 5 night vacation to the DR and the hotel quoted me roughly $405/night and I was able to score it on bookit.com for $185/night. Citi's concierge quoted $405/night as well.

Where this card really shines for me is the points value towards AA flights and the $250 airline credit.

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 4 of 13
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

@Ysettle4 wrote:

While this is an improvement overall, I find that I'm able to score huge discounts on let's say expedia, bookit.com that significantly outweigh the 4th free perk. Example: I recently booked a 5 night vacation to the DR and the hotel quoted me roughly $405/night and I was able to score it on bookit.com for $185/night. Citi's concierge quoted $405/night as well.

Where this card really shines for me is the points value towards AA flights and the $250 airline credit.

Thats an interesting fact, I haven't used Expedia in a while. Do you find that to be true across the various rooms types outside of basic rooms including premium rooms and suites? I might start paying closer attention to Expedia. 

I did compare my last rate against Kayak and Citi was actually a slightly cheaper per night rate plus the 4th night free, so maybe YMMV

Message 5 of 13
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Glad to hear this. Still waiting for an online portal to do this myself.

Also interesting, the phone number listed on the TPG post is a boca raton number. I recognize my own area code anywhere. Smiley Tongue
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 7 of 13
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Their headquarters probably holds 10 people. I'm sure they outsource to call centers all over the world (different time zones mean people dont need to be at work at midnight)
Message 8 of 13
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

@-Cal- wrote:

@Ysettle4 wrote:

Thats an interesting fact, I haven't used Expedia in a while. Do you find that to be true across the various rooms types outside of basic rooms including premium rooms and suites? I might start paying closer attention to Expedia. 

I did compare my last rate against Kayak and Citi was actually a slightly cheaper per night rate plus the 4th night free, so maybe YMMV

So far yes, in my experience I find this to be factual across various levels of rooms and suites. Bookit has been my go-to lately. Kayak seems to only find decent deals on flights and not necessarily hotel rates. 

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 9 of 13
onstar
Established Contributor

I just booked 4 nights in Maui at a Starwood property using Citi Prestige 4th night free. Was on hold for 5 minutes when I called, then it took about 15 minutes after the guy came on the line. I have no frame of reference since this is the first time using the 4th night free, so I can't tell you if it is much better than before, but this was pretty painless. One thing he pointed out was that the rates would either come from their system or from the hotel's website. And you can still use the AAA discount or other discounts from the hotel's website.

Rooms were $440/night including all taxes and fees. Total $1,760 less $440 credit, net $1,320.

Kayak had special rates only available via Kayak. It was $370/night, total $1,480.

So I only really saved $160. It's still awesome.

I'm actually staying 6 nights in Maui, but the other 2 nights are covered by SPG points, so that's that.

But yeah, it'd be nice if these could be self service via a website.

BK DC 4/9/2018
FICO 08 (4/9/2018): EQ 647 EX 609 TU 620
FICO 08 (10/16/2020): EQ 676 EX 659 TU 653
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.