Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Prestige 75k after $7.5k spend starting 7/23

tag
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Prestige 75k after $7.5k spend starting 7/23

@Anonymous wrote:

Wouldn't it be a better deal to just get an AA Advantage card for both me and my wife and get 120,000 miles and have no fees to pay?   And it would be less total spend. 

Sure if you're wanting AAdvantage miles.  TY points can be transferred to several different partners, though, some of which may be more valuable than AAdvantage depending on where you want to fly.

I will also mention, however, that this is the first bonus offer I've seen where the spend requirement is actually scaring me away.

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

The spend requirement is a bit high. But hopefully you'd go in branch, get it for $350 af instead of $450, and enjoy the travel credits as well.  This would certainly be more magical if the forward card earned its old structure, and the other changes with point earning didnt happen...  Still... its nice to see 75k instead of 40k....and the fact you get 4th night free is nice.  

And paired with the rumors of a potential chase UR change where they aren't able to be pooled and redeemed at 1.5x makes it look a little less appealing.  2500 a month x3 might be hard for some for sure, for sure.

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The spend requirement is a bit high. But hopefully you'd go in branch, get it for $350 af instead of $450, and enjoy the travel credits as well.  This would certainly be more magical if the forward card earned its old structure, and the other changes with point earning didnt happen...  Still... its nice to see 75k instead of 40k....and the fact you get 4th night free is nice.  

And paired with the rumors of a potential chase UR change where they aren't able to be pooled and redeemed at 1.5x makes it look a little less appealing.  2500 a month x3 might be hard for some for sure, for sure.

I never knew Chase and Citi had branches until I came to this forum.  Anyway none around here.   I could do the 7500 but even with a lower spend and a 350 dollar fee it doesn't seem like a good deal to me.  If you are going to have that kind of spend they need better reward.

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I never knew Chase and Citi had branches until I came to this forum.  Anyway none around here.   I could do the 7500 but even with a lower spend and a 350 dollar fee it doesn't seem like a good deal to me.  If you are going to have that kind of spend they need better reward.

That's fine that the card might not be a good deal for you but for others it can be a very good to great card and offer.  The card comes with a $250 travel credit so it effectively reduces the AF to $200 or $100 and the 4th free for hotel stays has saved myself and others thousands of dollars.  If the airlines partners are ones that you can make use of and you're making that kind of spend anyways then the offer and card is well worth it.   

Message 14 of 20
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

All good points jfriend33. However none of that helps me with that spend requirement.

And where did you hear that Chase rumor? You're the only one I've seen mention it.
Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MrDisco99

I started a thread about the Chase issue so that we don't derail this one about Citi

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Possible-changes-coming-to-the-Chase-UR-program/td-p/50...

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That's fine that the card might not be a good deal for you but for others it can be a very good to great card and offer.  The card comes with a $250 travel credit so it effectively reduces the AF to $200 or $100 and the 4th free for hotel stays has saved myself and others thousands of dollars.  If the airlines partners are ones that you can make use of and you're making that kind of spend anyways then the offer and card is well worth it.   

I probably spend close to 2500 a month on cards.  If I was short I could just pay a couple of daycare payments on the card which is currently 335 a week but charges 1.9 perrcent fee.  I guess I would have to transfer to one of those airlines and use whatever alliance they are in to use the points on somewhere like American or Delta?  I guess I am not that advanced in my churning ability.  I have never even heard of their transfer partners other than seeing Ethiad on Man City jerseys. 

Message 17 of 20
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Can someone explain to me the problem with earning points on Preferred vs. Premier vs. Prestige? Like can I earn from one and transfer to another where they are worth more like with Chase UR? I keep hearing it doesn't quite work the same way but I'm not sure how it does work.
Message 18 of 20
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

thats one big spend requirement. I'm not too familiar with Citi. Whats the translated value on that compared to the 100k offer on the CSR or 80k on AMEX?

If you go by what ThePointsGuy values them at it, UR=2.2 cents per point, MR, 1.9 and City TYP 1.6 so this offer would be worth $1200.  Like all point valuations tough, it comes down how good you are at maximizing their value

Wow I think 2.2 is a bit overly optimistic for Chase URs. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 19 of 20
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm inclined to agree, especially given the loss of benefits coming to the prestige card. $7.5k spend would require me to shift bonus spend from other cards to the prestige . If they lowered it to 5k spend or made it 7.5k over 4 months it be more appealing. For 7.5k spend i'd like to see a slighly higher signup offer. I'd do it for 100k. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.