Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Prestige Annual Fee Refund

tag
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Citi Prestige Annual Fee Refund

Alright so I just logged in to my account like I routinely do and noticed a bunch of credits from Citi. First, a credit from Price Rewind. I already received all the checks for the price rewinds I did so I don't get where the additional $21 is coming from. Secondly a small refund for an interest charge and now here's the kicker, a refund of my annual membership fee!!!! I called customer care right away and she couldn't even explain nothing. I mean it's nice to get all these but personally I get nervous when I receive free stuff especially when there's no rhyme or reason to it. Could this be an error or are they just being nice? For one thing, I use the heck out of this card so could that have something to do with it? Should I call again and hopefully get someone who could research further and find out why or should I just take it and dip...

Screenshot_2015-10-14-08-45-15-1.png

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Prestige Annual Fee Refund

I would leave as is...I don't see it changing back after 30ish days. 

Message 2 of 9
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I would leave as is...I don't see it changing back after 30ish days. 

I agree with leaving it as well, especially as it not such a huge amount that a reversal would be a big issue.

Message 3 of 9
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

OP did you sign up for Citi Gold checking? If so they refund part of your Prestige AF.....

Message 4 of 9
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Looks like the refunded a prorated amount of your annual fee. Weird
Message 5 of 9
iwazl71
Frequent Contributor

They did the same thing to me 2 months ago.  I had a refund for the annual fee of 412.  The  a month later charged me back for whole year at 450.  really weird.

Scores: EQ 796, EX 790, TU 807
Personal and Business Cards: 31 with 763k
High Limit Cards: CSP 50k | BoA Cash 81k | NFCU flagship 60k | Penfed Rewards 50k | Aviator Silver 52k
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@iwazl71 wrote:

They did the same thing to me 2 months ago.  I had a refund for the annual fee of 412.  The  a month later charged me back for whole year at 450.  really weird.

They did same thing for me.  Mine was recharged for $350 because of CitiGold.  Saddy, I'm pretty sure OP will be recharged

Message 7 of 9
IWOL
Established Contributor

@pip3man wrote:

Alright so I just logged in to my account like I routinely do and noticed a bunch of credits from Citi. First, a credit from Price Rewind. I already received all the checks for the price rewinds I did so I don't get where the additional $21 is coming from. Secondly a small refund for an interest charge and now here's the kicker, a refund of my annual membership fee!!!! I called customer care right away and she couldn't even explain nothing. I mean it's nice to get all these but personally I get nervous when I receive free stuff especially when there's no rhyme or reason to it. Could this be an error or are they just being nice? For one thing, I use the heck out of this card so could that have something to do with it? Should I call again and hopefully get someone who could research further and find out why or should I just take it and dip...

Screenshot_2015-10-14-08-45-15-1.png

I got a refund for the exact same amount on my statement this month as well. I did just open a Citi Gold Checking but the refund for that should be only $100.

Message 8 of 9
jsucool76
Super Contributor

They're refunding a prorated annual fee and will charge you the difference to get up to 350 probably.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.