Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Prestige Arrived. Very disappointed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Prestige Arrived. Very disappointed

I applied in February on a Sunday.  Got 7-10 message.  Planned to call Citi to find out what problem was but was busy at work.  Wednesday a box showed up as well as UPS larger white envelope.  Envelope held the disclosures.  First I knew I was approved.  Opened the larger box not knowing it as the card.  Nice presentation box.  I personally don't care about the box presentations  but do feel it's more secure.  Not sure someone stealing Mail realizes they are credit cards.  Got a box for Ritz, Paladium, Prestige and lastly the Octave.  Best presentation was Citi IMO 

Message 21 of 41
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied in February on a Sunday.  Got 7-10 message.  Planned to call Citi to find out what problem was but was busy at work.  Wednesday a box showed up as well as UPS larger white envelope.  Envelope held the disclosures.  First I knew I was approved.  Opened the larger box not knowing it as the card.  Nice presentation box.  I personally don't care about the box presentations  but do feel it's more secure.  Not sure someone stealing Mail realizes they are credit cards.  Got a box for Ritz, Paladium, Prestige and lastly the Octave.  Best presentation was Citi IMO 

Ritz presentation was FAR nicer than the citi prestige. Ritz box was way nicer. Prestige box was a glorified envelope. 

Message 22 of 41
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Like I said I never requested an expedite and there were actually two large FEDEX envelopes with the small white envelopes inside . One had the card and approval notice, the other the relevant account disclosures. Wish I got the opportunity to see what the boxes looks like but Citi ditched me on that one lol but oh well....

Message 23 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the Citi Presitge!  Smiley Wink  One of my next cards to get...............

Message 24 of 41
syeb
Regular Contributor

Seems based on the number of posts saying the presentation  doesn't matter..... that it really does. Smiley Surprised

Message 25 of 41
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Strange, mine came in same nice box as well.

Perhaps, they run out of fancy boxes methinksSmiley Wink

Interesting to note, my US Airways was sent out with only card attached to paper, I was missing all the goodies too.  When expedited, mistakes can happen.

Signature needs updating
Message 26 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has there been any update on this?

I applied and got approved for the Citi Prestige on 05/06. I got my card the next day in a white envelope. I got a letter that confirmed I was approved a few days later (lol, after I already got the card). I think a week later I got my PP Select card in a white envelope.

Very disappointed that I didn't get a welcome kit/box. I put message into Citi and they said I had to call to get support. When I called they said these kits are usually sent later. It's almost a month later and I still have no box Smiley Sad Did anyone who originally got their card in a white envelope get a kit later on? I would really like a kit.

Message 27 of 41
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Has there been any update on this?

I applied and got approved for the Citi Prestige on 05/06. I got my card the next day in a white envelope. I got a letter that confirmed I was approved a few days later (lol, after I already got the card). I think a week later I got my PP Select card in a white envelope.

Very disappointed that I didn't get a welcome kit/box. I put message into Citi and they said I had to call to get support. When I called they said these kits are usually sent later. It's almost a month later and I still have no box Smiley Sad Did anyone who originally got their card in a white envelope get a kit later on? I would really like a kit.

I didn't get a kit and I'm really not holding my breath - as disappointing as it is. 

ETA: I just want my Citigold account to *&^*$$% show up so I can fund it...at this point with all of the delays my Aviator is going to end up showing at 100% UTIL.... Smiley Mad

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 28 of 41
jsucool76
Super Contributor

you might need to link your citigold account into your online account. won't always do it by itself like chase does. gotta use account or debit card number for that I believe.
Message 29 of 41
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
you might need to link your citigold account into your online account. won't always do it by itself like chase does. gotta use account or debit card number for that I believe.

Thanks for letting me know - should have asked EO to expedite shipping for all of the rediculous hassle. How long from when your account showed Citigold to when the cc was charged and the account showing it as available? Do they wait until the "signature card" is returned? Trying to see if I can avoid showing 100% UTIL on my Aviator for a month lol. 

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 30 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.