Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Prestige / Citigold reduced fee

tag
inthewoods
New Contributor

Citi Prestige / Citigold reduced fee

I have a Prestige card and also signed up for a Citigold account for the TYP promotion a few months ago.

I tried to get the fee reduced on the Prestige card by sending a SM on Citi. They said that indeed it could reduce my fee to $350 and that I should call their helpline to get this done. However, when I called, they said that there was a new law that prevented this kind of credit card company / bank promotions, and that while some cards were grandfathered (including my Platinum card) the Prestige card was not covered by the grandfathering.

Has anyone else heard this?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Prestige / Citigold reduced fee

@inthewoods wrote:

I have a Prestige card and also signed up for a Citigold account for the TYP promotion a few months ago.

I tried to get the fee reduced on the Prestige card by sending a SM on Citi. They said that indeed it could reduce my fee to $350 and that I should call their helpline to get this done. However, when I called, they said that there was a new law that prevented this kind of credit card company / bank promotions, and that while some cards were grandfathered (including my Platinum card) the Prestige card was not covered by the grandfathering.

Has anyone else heard this?

No, that's bs.  It should have automatically been reduced by the $100. Call again and keep trying until you get some one that knows what they're doing.  Call the CitiGold number on the back of your debit card

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you open the CitiGold account under one of the promotional offers for extra TY points?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently signed up for Citigold using a promo offer for 50K AA miles.

I accidently created a separate user login account. Waiting for my debit card to apply it to my existin account that has my Prestige.

Turns out that I got a refund on my Prestige fee. I am expecting to be charged the reduced $350 at some point (as I hear it, they will refund the pro-rated AF and charge the AF again...but also thus extending the current AF by howoever many months, and also re-issuing a PP card due to the new AF date).

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I recently signed up for Citigold using a promo offer for 50K AA miles.

I accidently created a separate user login account. Waiting for my debit card to apply it to my existin account that has my Prestige.

Turns out that I got a refund on my Prestige fee. I am expecting to be charged the reduced $350 at some point (as I hear it, they will refund the pro-rated AF and charge the AF again...but also thus extending the current AF by howoever many months, and also re-issuing a PP card due to the new AF date).

That's what happened to me. They refunded prorated AF and then on next statement charged me the $350

Message 5 of 6
inthewoods
New Contributor

Perhaps I will have better luck if I call Prestige instead of Citigold. I’ll update the thread when I have tried that.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.