Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Prestige E-mail

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Prestige E-mail

Just got this email. FIrst I had heard about Citi going metal... I really like my old card.

A new card
You'll be receiving a first release Citi Prestige® metal card in the coming months. Please activate your new card immediately upon receipt. Your account number will be identical; however, your CVV and expiration date will change.

Your complimentary 4th night benefit has been updated
You can now take advantage of your complimentary 4th night benefit through thankyou.com!You can also redeem ThankYou® Points for all or part of your stay and get a complimentary 4th night. The complimentary 4th night savings will be applied at checkout; you'll no longer have to wait to receive a statement credit when you book at thankyou.com.
The complimentary 4th night benefit will be calculated based on the average nightly rate of your complete stay. Taxes will no longer be included within the statement credit. You'll still be able to enjoy your benefit at any hotel with no restrictions on the number of times you can use this benefit.

Redeeming ThankYou Points for cash rewards
You'll receive greater value for cash reward redemptions with ThankYou Points. For example, previously you could redeem 50,000 ThankYou Points for $250. As of July 23rd, 50,000 points will be redeemable for $500. There's no annual dollar cap or limit to the number of cash redemptions you make. All cash redemptions are final.

Happy to see that the 4th night free benifit will be imediate. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
tacpoly
Established Contributor

Citi Prestige will be Metal, and other changes

Email from Citi:  many of the benefits to be nerfed were announced well in advance so no surprise there.

--------------------------

We're writing to inform you of changes to your Citi Prestige® Card as of July 23, 2017.

A new card
You'll be receiving a first release Citi Prestige® metal card in the coming months.

Your complimentary 4th night benefit has been updated
You can now take advantage of your complimentary 4th night benefit through thankyou.com!You can also redeem ThankYou® Points for all or part of your stay and get a complimentary 4th night. The complimentary 4th night savings will be applied at checkout; you'll no longer have to wait to receive a statement credit when you book at thankyou.com.

The complimentary 4th night benefit will be calculated based on the average nightly rate of your complete stay. Taxes will no longer be included within the statement credit. You'll still be able to enjoy your benefit at any hotel with no restrictions on the number of times you can use this benefit.

Redeeming ThankYou Points for cash rewards
You'll receive greater value for cash reward redemptions with ThankYou Points. For example, previously you could redeem 50,000 ThankYou Points for $250. As of July 23rd, 50,000 points will be redeemable for $500. There's no annual dollar cap or limit to the number of cash redemptions you make. All cash redemptions are final.

We also want to remind you of the following changes, going into effect on July 23, 2017:

Lounge access
Access to American Airlines Admirals Club® lounges will no longer be available with your Citi Prestige® card. You'll continue to have complimentary and unlimited access to Priority PassTM Select lounges. You, your authorized users, immediate family or up to two guests traveling with you will continue to enjoy access to more than 1,000 airport lounges worldwide.

Redeeming ThankYou Points for flights
You'll only receive 25% greater value versus gift cards on all airfare redemptions at thankyou.com. You'll no longer receive 60% greater value on American Airlines flight redemptions and/or 33% greater value on all other airfare redemptions. For example, 50,000 ThankYou Points will now be redeemable for $625 in airfare on all airlines available at thankyou.com.

Complimentary international golf
The three complimentary rounds of golf will no longer be offered with your card. You'll continue to have access to more than 2,000 celebrated and legendary golf properties around the world with access to select TPC properties provided by Mastercard.

The following benefits of your Citi Prestige® card will remain unchanged:

•    Annual $250 Air Travel Credit
•    $100 statement credit for your Global Entry or TSA Precheck application fee
•    No foreign transaction fees on purchases
•    24/7 access to Citi Prestige Concierge
•    3X points on air travel and hotels, 2X points on dining and entertainment and 1 ThankYou Point per $1 spent on all other purchases
•    Travel & Emergency Assistance, Trip Cancellation & Interruption Protection and Trip Delay Protection
•    If you have an eligible banking relationship, you'll continue to receive your Relationship Bonus

We continually explore ways to enhance your Citi Prestige experience. Please continue to visit the newly redesigned citi.com/citiprestige for the Terms & Conditions of your benefits.

We encourage you to continue to take advantage of your great benefits to enhance your experiences wherever your adventures take you.

Message 2 of 10
csryang
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi Prestige E-mail

Uh... I guess the metal card and 1 cent per 1 point redemption will be useful for some people.

In general, it's still their way of damage control. It still generally sucks for some of the great benefits they plan to take away.

Message 3 of 10
csryang
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi Prestige will be Metal, and other changes

I got the email as well. 

In general, it still sucks for all the benefits they plan to take away.

Message 4 of 10
red259
Super Contributor

Re: Citi Prestige will be Metal, and other changes

@csryang wrote:

I got the email as well. 

In general, it still sucks for all the benefits they plan to take away.

+1 This card is only good for the signup offers after these changes. I rarely use the fourth night free although I did manage to use it recently. With the new changes to that feature though it also loses some value and the CSR gives me the same lounge access. Its really a shame this was a pretty sweet card when it came out. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got the email this morning as well.  The only diffence from the orignal annoucement I can see is getting the 4th night reimbursment at check out rather than waiting.  I got reimbured anywhere from a week later to 5 weeks later.  Rather the credit now than later but overall a pretty good nerf overall.

Message 6 of 10
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

I wonder what "first release" metal card means? From what I read on the TPG, it will be made laminate, just like the Sapphire cards, so no super heavy card.

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wait and see I guess. I got over $4000 last year from 4th night free. So far this year im over 2k... Its my go to card for hotels for sure.

Message 8 of 10
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Discover2016 wrote:

I wonder what "first release" metal card means? From what I read on the TPG, it will be made laminate, just like the Sapphire cards, so no super heavy card.

Note the end of that sentence..."in the coming months". I think "first release" is empty talk to give them flexibility as to when they launch it and how quickly they can distribute them.

It sounds like they are trying to persuade us that even though it may take them many months to get the metal cards out, and they don't want to say when it will be, we should all feel assured that we'll all be among the very first to get one.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 9 of 10
iwazl71
Frequent Contributor

I had to get my prestige card replaced as it was worn out.  They sent me a metal card of the Prestige.Almost the same weight of the Chase Sapphire Reserve.

Scores: EQ 796, EX 790, TU 807
Personal and Business Cards: 31 with 763k
High Limit Cards: CSP 50k | BoA Cash 81k | NFCU flagship 60k | Penfed Rewards 50k | Aviator Silver 52k
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.