Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Prestige Fee Just Hit - Tallying The Value

tag
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Citi Prestige Fee Just Hit - Tallying The Value

So my fee for the prestige just hit, gave me the idea to tally up what I've gotten from it in the first year. Fee was waived year 1, and is only $350 now because I once had a citigold account. Smiley Very Happy 

I spent about 10-11k on the card in the 12 months I've had it. 

Hotel 4th night free - 

Most of my stays aren't 4 or more nights, but I was able to utilize the benefit 5 times over the year I had it. This came out to $584.61. Was mostly disney trips, so none of the hotels were more than $150. 

There was 2 years of airline credits, which is $500. 

I earned 147,945 points between my citi prestige, citi forward, and citi banking accounts in the 12 month period. I'm counting points from ALL of my citi products because the value is increased greatly as a benefit of the prestige card. Minimum value of those points redeemed for airfare on american airlines is $2,367.12

I've accessed priority pass lounges twice, each time with me and one other. Figure $50 per person per visit. That is $200. I've accessed admiral's clubs 8 times in the year I had my card. 6 times with a guest, 2 times by myself. (though on my two solo trips I did invite two total strangers into the lounge because i'm nice like that Smiley Tongue ). $50 per visit per person, that comes out to $400. Total on lounges is $600

There was also the global entry credit I used, which was $100. 

I also got a $0.99 price rewind. Smiley Tongue 

I don't think I'm forgetting anything, so let's 

TALLY.....IT.....UP! (Like a game show Smiley Tongue

$584.61

$500.00

$2,367.12

$600.00

$100.00

$0.99

Total comes out to $4,152.72

Definitely worth paying the fee for that this year in my opinion. 

I will note, that of the 147,945 points, 50,000 were the signup bonus for the prestige, 10,000 were a "make things right" gift due to citi messing up, and 40,000 were from citigold. so that is 100,000 points that i will likely never earn again. so conservatively $1600 in AA flights. You'll also only receive 1 airline credit per annual fee following the first year, and the global entry credit is only good once every 5 years. Even if we subtract the $1600 in points, and the $350 in airline credit and global entry,  we still end up with  2,202.72 in benefits, for $350. Still a fantastic deal. 

Those who stay at more expensive hotels will get even more value. 

Anyone else have any fees coming up soon? I'd love to see your Tallys. Great way to not only determine the value of a card, but maybe you point out a benefit someone else might not know about. Could be a big help. Smiley Very Happy 

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Prestige Fee Just Hit - Tallying The Value

Very Nice Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 29
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Hardly impacts the bottom line, but you can't count Global entry credit  every year (or the two years of airline credit for that matter).  But still great value.

Message 3 of 29
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Didn't even think to mention that LTL, thanks! I'll update it!
Message 4 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

You neeed to start golfing.

Message 5 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Woah that's awesome!

Defintely makes sense for people who travel alot. 

Message 6 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

That 60% AA bonus really hits hard, congrats!

Message 7 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is a great analysis -thanks for the info. I love it!! This card is on my wishlist once I come out of the garden next year.  

Message 8 of 29
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@irish I'd be happy to golf, the problem is none of my friends have a prestige and they don't want to pay for the golf xD. Also I drive a (volkswagen) golf... How fitting.
Message 9 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great value! I aspire to one day be wealthy and well-traveled enough to be worth applying for the Prestige card.

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.