Did you mean: 

Citi Prestige Guide

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citi Prestige Guide

@Anonymous wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

So... silly question since if it comes to this being a reality I'll go check FT, but if you stay say 8 nights somewhere do you get 4 and 8 free?  Granted could just be hacked by doing two 4 day reservations I suppose.

No you can't get two nights free for an 8 day stay at the same hotel.  You would have to book two 4 night stays at two different hotels to get two nights free.  Keep in mind that the 4th free can be used in conjunction with promotions run by the hotel itself.  For example SPG has the book 4 nights, get the 5th free promotion.  If used with the Prestige 4th night free benefit, two of your 5 nights would be free.

Ah hrm.

If I'm up for a little shennigans and hotel swapping which may or may not be feasible and if the per diems include lodging (which they do in most road gangs), bonuses hell, this could be straight handful of percentage points of my actual income... before points and what not.  That's assuming I'm not doing the standard per diem model of motel 6 or whatever the European or Asian equivalent is haha. 

        
Message 31 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well that's nice!  I complained on Facebook because sometimes it seems social gets more attention sometimes, but apparently not this time, so JPM gets my spend.  It would be nice to see if they could come up with some good retention offers, but I'm not sure they can do much regularly to make it enough better to keep given I'm definitely keeping the JPMR.  So, if they don't, I have to figure out what to do with points or if I can keep them if I downgrade the card.

Message 32 of 64
wasCB14
Super Contributor

A reservation for two rooms at the same hotel for the same 4 nights will also only give the credit on one room. So if the rates are all the same, the savings is 12.5% of the total and not 25%.

Now if you tried to make a separate reservation for each room, I don't know if that would work.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 33 of 64
redpat
Senior Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

A reservation for two rooms at the same hotel for the same 4 nights will also only give the credit on one room. So if the rates are all the same, the savings is 12.5% of the total and not 25%.

Now if you tried to make a separate reservation for each room, I don't know if that would work.

The room for only the cardholder.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 34 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

@redpat wrote:

I do have a 1.99% offer ending in June 2017.

Thanks for the feedback, redpat. That is a nice APR offer. How long did you have the card before receiving the APR offer?

I have a 4% promotional APR on my AAdvantage and a 13% regular APR on AAdvantage, but would love to have that 1.99% offer on Prestige! Smiley Happy

Message 35 of 64
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@redpat wrote:

Thanks for the feedback, redpat. That is a nice APR offer. How long did you have the card before receiving the APR offer?

I have a 4% promotional APR on my AAdvantage and a 13% regular APR on AAdvantage, but would love to have that 1.99% offer on Prestige! Smiley Happy

4 months and a week for my 1.99% for 9 months Prestige offer. I'd spent about 7k in that time and PIF.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 36 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone been able to get a waived annual fee or dramatically reduced fee to stay?

It's worth noting that the card is AMAZING if you stay at Disney World Deluxe resorts where hotel stays are like they're converted to a currency where there's a weak dollar…

Message 37 of 64
redpat
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@redpat wrote:

Got the card late March or Early April 2016.  Had the offer in November.  

I'll transfer my offer to you, lol!

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 38 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

ha ha redpat, I'll gladly take it, thank you! Smiley Happy
Message 39 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ysettle4 wrote:

I'm willing to bank that Citi will have some decent rentention offers for thoes looking to jump ship, enlight of this and especially since the arrival of the CSR. My experience is when the I received the notice of benefits coming to an end or being reduced, I called to cancel the card. I was presented with:

5,000 TYP immediately
4x points on hotel and travel up to $12,000
additional 4,000 TYP on $10,000 spend within 6 months.

Wasn't much to think about afterwards.

humuhumunukunukuapua'a wrote:

Good information, Ysettle, thank you!
Message 40 of 64
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.