Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Prestige Lowered AF

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Prestige Lowered AF

@Anonymous wrote:
I find it hard to believe that certain people get lower AF's. Is that normal?

Citi commonly gives lower AFs to Prestige customers that have had Citigold bank accounts with them.  I've only paid $350 for my first two years of having the card but that will change as they altered the requirements of having a Citigold account.

Message 11 of 38
GetTheFico
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If you have no banking relationship it could have been part of this error.  http://www.doctorofcredit.com/citi-mistakeningly-sends-letters-citi-prestige-customers-offering-relationship-benefit-will-award-1000-points/

Citi sent out the letter to the wrong people, but may offer 1000 points for the mistake.

The above is most likely what happened, but I hope they don't take back the OP's $100 annual fee refund that they already gave him.

Getting 1,000 thank you points doesn't make up for grabbing back the money they already refunded.

Oh well,  sudden rain on our parade. I was hopeful. Smiley Sad

The person who is responsible for lots of these letters mistakenly going out may need to look for another job since it's causing Citi to scramble a bit and doesn't cast them in a positive light. That's a big mistake if lots of these letters went out without being checked.

@ Cincinnati: Thanks for the link, guess that explains it.

@ hum: I checked earlier today, they haven't refunded a portion the fee as of yet so I'm not sure if they'll honor it.

Anywho, I'm not gonna be too worried about it either way. Guess 1,000 points for a mistake is better than a sorry + no points Smiley Wink

EQ: 780
EX: 767
TU: 779
Message 12 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GetTheFico wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If you have no banking relationship it could have been part of this error.  http://www.doctorofcredit.com/citi-mistakeningly-sends-letters-citi-prestige-customers-offering-relationship-benefit-will-award-1000-points/

Citi sent out the letter to the wrong people, but may offer 1000 points for the mistake.

The above is most likely what happened, but I hope they don't take back the OP's $100 annual fee refund that they already gave him.

Getting 1,000 thank you points doesn't make up for grabbing back the money they already refunded.

Oh well,  sudden rain on our parade. I was hopeful. Smiley Sad

The person who is responsible for lots of these letters mistakenly going out may need to look for another job since it's causing Citi to scramble a bit and doesn't cast them in a positive light. That's a big mistake if lots of these letters went out without being checked.

@ Cincinnati: Thanks for the link, guess that explains it.

@ hum: I checked earlier today, they haven't refunded a portion the fee as of yet so I'm not sure if they'll honor it.

Anywho, I'm not gonna be too worried about it either way. Guess 1,000 points for a mistake is better than a sorry + no points Smiley Wink

Sorry, GetTheFico. That's not right for them to say they'll refund the fee and that you're a valued customer, then to say, we won't refund it but will give you 1,000 Thank You Points instead.

I think if it were me, I'd ask them to follow through on what they promised and tell them to forget the Thank You Points.

They were the ones that made the error, so they should at least follow through from a decency standpoint. it's not as if they promised you $2,000 or anything as egregiously high as that.

But of course, 1,000 Thank You Points costs them quite a bit less than $100 per person being refunded, multiplied by however many Prestige customers they have.

I just don't think it's quite as professional to not honor your word. Get a customer excited that they are valued, then deflate their balloon.

Message 13 of 38
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

@GetTheFico wrote:

Didn't see this posted (apologies if it has)

I just received a mailer stating that Citi has lowered the annual fee on my Prestige to $350 and a portion of the $450 AF I paid will be credited back. Also, will no longer have late fees or return payment fees.

On the Prestige application page the fee is still $450

Anyone else receive this?

Citi AF.jpg

Citi AF 350.jpg

If this is about getting relationship bonus of 15% and lowering the AF, then Citi came out and said that it was a mistake and they are going to give members 1000 TY points for inconvenience. 

Here is the link

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/citi-mistakeningly-sends-letters-citi-prestige-customers-offering-rela...

Message 14 of 38
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I find it hard to believe that certain people get lower AF's. Is that normal?

Citi commonly gives lower AFs to Prestige customers that have had Citigold bank accounts with them.  I've only paid $350 for my first two years of having the card but that will change as they altered the requirements of having a Citigold account.

I had a citi gold account then downgraded to a regular citi account. When my AF hit it was still $350. I closed my regular citi account though since I was not using it after I saw the changes being made to the prestige and deciding that I was not going to keep it after this final year. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 15 of 38
wasCB14
Super Contributor

I got the follow-up email offering 1k points despite not getting the initial mailer*.

I'll call it interest on the $400 they haven't paid me yet on their checking promo. Smiley Tongue

*yet, at least...

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 16 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the mailer today. Its dated the 14th. Nothing about the 1,000 bonus points so far. Anual fee is due next month too... $350 would have been much nicer...

Message 17 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't received my letter yet, but apparently one will arrive any day in the mail. The reason I know this is that I received an e-mail about an hour ago apologizing for the letter that was sent and providing me with 1,000 Thank You Points.

I'll check out the letter when it arrives. Thank you very much, OP, for letting us know this, as at least I saw your post before receiving my letter so I did not get excited about a fee reduction. Smiley Sad

Message 18 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got the e-mail...
Message 19 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just received this too, but I only have a student bank acc with Citi for about 3 yrs now & it also says that it'll give me 15% TY points bonus for being a loyal member although I haven't really used this card since my trip to Miami in May... I got this card on April/2016.

Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.