Citi Prestige Lowered AF

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Prestige Lowered AF

@Saleen099 wrote:

Just received this via email.  

Your account terms have not changed

Hi, Saleen099. You may have received a letter from us notifying you of changes to your Citi Prestige® account. This letter was sent to you in error, your card terms have not changed. You can find details about your Citi Prestige benefits here or review the Terms and Conditions in your Directory of Services.

We apologize for any confusion this may have caused. As a courtesy, we’re adding 1,000 ThankYou® Points to your account, you’ll see these points in your account in the next 1-2 billing periods.

The benefits listed in the letter—including a lower annual fee, no late fees, return check fees and a relationship bonus—are only available to cardmembers who also have a Citigold®, Citi Priority or Private Bank account. If you are interested in receiving the additional benefits, you can find more information about these bank accounts here or by visiting your local Citi branch.

You will also receive a copy of this notification in the mail.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to call us at the dedicated Citi Prestige number on the back of your card.

Your Citi Team

I received the letter today so excited and then an email correcting the error... on well !

Message 31 of 38
redpat
Senior Contributor

I'll take the free 1000 points since I don't use the card other than to get into admirals lounge, free golf and fourth night free until July 2017.

I didn't think I deserved a lower AF.
Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 32 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wasCB14 wrote:

I'm angry at Citi for "going back on their word" (like most issuers do...it's more commonly known as "nerfing") about my Admirals access, but this outrage is a bit excessive.

Citi sends erroneous information and retracts it within a few hours...no one here has really been affected by it...and suddenly people with little or no assets at Citi expect to be treated as $200k+ customers?

Get real.

I'm not seeing anyone here who's angry or feels entitled to anything. Just people discussing different points of the situation. Smiley Happy

Message 33 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Saleen099 wrote:

Just received this via email.  

Your account terms have not changed

Hi, Saleen099. You may have received a letter from us notifying you of changes to your Citi Prestige® account. This letter was sent to you in error, your card terms have not changed. You can find details about your Citi Prestige benefits here or review the Terms and Conditions in your Directory of Services.

We apologize for any confusion this may have caused. As a courtesy, we’re adding 1,000 ThankYou® Points to your account, you’ll see these points in your account in the next 1-2 billing periods.

The benefits listed in the letter—including a lower annual fee, no late fees, return check fees and a relationship bonus—are only available to cardmembers who also have a Citigold®, Citi Priority or Private Bank account. If you are interested in receiving the additional benefits, you can find more information about these bank accounts here or by visiting your local Citi branch.

You will also receive a copy of this notification in the mail.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to call us at the dedicated Citi Prestige number on the back of your card.

Your Citi Team

I received the letter today so excited and then an email correcting the error... on well !

Agreed, Mia. My letter arrived today as well (after the email arrived, ha ha).  Smiley Happy

Message 34 of 38
adelphi_sky
Frequent Contributor

Still haven't received my email. I'm hoping that it is true for those who previous had citigold accounts who downgraded. I don't care if I deserve it or not. I take all that is given. I'm not one to leave money on the table if someone offers it to me. It's not my job as a customer to figure out what's going on behind the scenes.  I have an understanding with citibank that they would have my best interest at heart and I would do my part to being a loyal customer in good standing. If they can't control their IT processes, it is not my fault. My letter says they are giving me these benefits because I'm a loyal customer. If I agree that I'm a loyal customer, case closed. lol If they take it back, well, I still come out ahead with 1,000 points. 

Message 35 of 38
adelphi_sky
Frequent Contributor

Update:

No email apologizing for a mistake. I did have an issue when I reported my card lost. They kept sending my wife her card who is an AU, but kept failing to send my card. Perhaps this is a gift? lol 

I'll report whether or not I get the AF credit they mentioned before my next statement is up. If not, then it's not legit and I may call and ask for my 1000 points. 

Message 36 of 38
adelphi_sky
Frequent Contributor

Finally got my apology letter and the offer for 1000 points. Smiley Happy

Message 37 of 38
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@adelphi_sky wrote:

Finally got my apology letter and the offer for 1000 points. Smiley Happy

I got a second correction letter today.

I got a second AA Platinum card, too, when I was approved (same number, one account, no AUs or anything, still WMC at the time).

Their shipping department really is a mess.

Now if only they'd give me a second 1000 points...

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.