cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Prestige - My Experience (some good, some not so good)

tag
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Citi Prestige - My Experience (some good, some not so good)

@ficobgtx wrote:

@ficobgtx wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

Every time you call the concierge, just ask to be transferred to a travel advisor. They'll do everything right there in one phone call. Way easier. 

Thanks - I'll do that. But when I call and say "I'd like to book a hotel" - shouldn't they automatically transfer me to the travel advisor? Seems like it is a waste of everyone's time.

So... I had to change a reservation and after going through the prompts that ask for last 4 digits of the card, zip code and pass phrase and it asked me to say what I needed "Change Hotel Reservation," I got connected to the concierge. I told him "I would like to be transferred to a travel advisor."  He stutters a bit and states "I can't transfer you, but I can conference someone in."

Not the 24 hour turn-around like last time so ok. He then asks me for my last 4 digits of the card and my zip code (what is the point of me entering this information in the prompts if they can't see/use it?). He then asks what I needed, and I explained that I needed to change my hotel reservation (again, I spoke this into the prompting system). 

He gets a travel agent on the line who is ok... Seems confused by a pretty simple request of "I need to change my hotel reservation, same dates different hotel" with her reply of "you mean a different property?"

After trying to to book me into a room with double beds (why, the original reservation was a king?) to which I replied "no, a king please" she made the change.

They were actually both quite pleasant. No complaints about the courtsey, but it still took 10:55 to complete. Felt longer.  Oh well, price you've got to pay for the 4th night free.

What prompt are you referring to. I've never had to use a prompt to call the concierge? Did you call the regular customer service number, or the concierge #? 

Message 11 of 23
ficobgtx
Regular Contributor

I'm calling the number on the back of the card.
TU - 850 (BOA TU08 FICO/Barclay TU08), 831 (CK FAKO)
EQ - 870 (CITI FICO), 848 (ATFCU FICO), 831 (CK FAKO)
EX - 841 (AMEX FICO)
Message 12 of 23
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@ficobgtx wrote:
I'm calling the number on the back of the card.

Yeah. That's the customer service number. I pound the heck out of "0" to get through prompts. 

Concierge direct # is: 1-855-217-7197

Message 13 of 23
ficobgtx
Regular Contributor

Perfect, thanks! Putting that in my phone.
EX - 841 (AMEX FICO)
Message 14 of 23
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@ficobgtx wrote:
Perfect, thanks! Putting that in my phone.

I have all my banks #s in my phone (at least the important ones, JPM/Chase, Citi, Barclays, cap1 EO) and all of the concierge numbers saved, and all of the int'l collect numbers saved. Smiley Tongue Makes life easy. The numbers are super helpful when they're on the back of the card, until you lose your card/wallet, or get robbed Smiley Tongue 

Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Appreciate you posting your experiences with the card so far. I just got approved recently as well, so it's good to see how these benefits play out. Hoping to take advantage of some of them this Fall

Message 16 of 23
ficobgtx
Regular Contributor

Another (annoying) update on my experience when booking through the concierge. 

I made a request for a hotel reservation on Thursday 7/30 around 6 PM EDT. The concierge said they would take the information and pass on to the travel agent to book within 24 hours. 

More than 24 hours later (~29 hours) I get an email with this:

"I apologize for the delay with your request, we still have not received a proposal from the travel advisor. I hope to have a quote for you within the next 24 hours."

My hotel stay is on 8/2. So I don't have any time now and I would be shocked if the rate didn't already go up.

Seriously Citi?!? I could have booked this myself in 2 mins. I already had it up when I called so I could check the rates. Quite disappointed... still wondering if this is worth it for the 4th night free. 

On another note, I do plan on staying at a Ritz Carlton in December where the rate is $299 until 4th night that is $799. Will report back on that as it *might* make it worth all this hassle.

EX - 841 (AMEX FICO)
Message 17 of 23
faboo
Established Member

So far all the reports have been positive, whatever the 4th night rate is, that is the refund

All of my upcoming plans have Saturday as 4th night lol

Don't know if u have lounge access from other cards, but just wait for all the other benefits of this card to start coming into play....great value for the AF

AMX BCP 32k, AMX BCE 30k, Citi Prestige 17k, Citi DC 22k, Cap1 QS1 7.8k, Walmart Mastercard 7.5k Barclay Ring 4k
Message 18 of 23
ficobgtx
Regular Contributor

@faboo wrote:

So far all the reports have been positive, whatever the 4th night rate is, that is the refund

All of my upcoming plans have Saturday as 4th night lol

Don't know if u have lounge access from other cards, but just wait for all the other benefits of this card to start coming into play....great value for the AF

Totally agree... good value for the AF. I've used the global entry credit, $250 airline credit and use the admirals club twice a week (on average). Just wish the 4th night free benefit was less of a hassle.

EX - 841 (AMEX FICO)
Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ficobgtx wrote:

Another (annoying) update on my experience when booking through the concierge. 

I made a request for a hotel reservation on Thursday 7/30 around 6 PM EDT. The concierge said they would take the information and pass on to the travel agent to book within 24 hours. 

More than 24 hours later (~29 hours) I get an email with this:

"I apologize for the delay with your request, we still have not received a proposal from the travel advisor. I hope to have a quote for you within the next 24 hours."

My hotel stay is on 8/2. So I don't have any time now and I would be shocked if the rate didn't already go up.

Seriously Citi?!? I could have booked this myself in 2 mins. I already had it up when I called so I could check the rates. Quite disappointed... still wondering if this is worth it for the 4th night free. 

On another note, I do plan on staying at a Ritz Carlton in December where the rate is $299 until 4th night that is $799. Will report back on that as it *might* make it worth all this hassle.

How did this work out?!

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.