Did you mean: 

Citi Prestige - New Benefits

tag
IcEWoLF
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi Prestige - New Benefits

@heyarrnold wrote:

@IcEWoLF wrote:

The sign up bonus is horrible, plus the first year AF is not waived comparing the CSP/Arrival. 

60k TYP in branch and $350 annual fee. Furthermore, it has a hefty annual fee because it offers more extensive travel benefits than the Arrival or CSP. Although the CSP definitely wins with transfer partners. 

For most people that is not an option because their footprint in the US these days is bad..it means most people don't have a citibank near them.

CSP wins with Transfer partners, but I also feel that Chase customer service is far superior than Citi bank, unless Prestige customers get a different customer service # than preferred/premier customers.

Also I love the fact you can combine your points when you have multiple chase cards such as the freedom, it makes your points redepmtion that much better!

EQ: 768 TU: 769 EXP: 805
Ritz Carlton: 18k
CSP: 7K | Chase Freedom: 5.7K
MERRILL+® VS: 9K | BOA AMEX: 1K
BOA 123: 7K Discover IT: 6K | Discover Chrome 4K | Costco AMEX: 15K | AMEX PRG NPSL | AMEX BCE 15K | Barclay NFL: 4.9K | Citi TYP 7K | Amazon Chase 1.7K | Barclaycard Arrival Plus WEMC 5K | Citi DC 5K | FNBO AMEX 4.8K | CAP 1 QS 10K | U.S. Bank Cash+ VS 5K |U.S. Bank Perks+ VS 6K
Message 21 of 29
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@IcEWoLF wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

@IcEWoLF wrote:

The sign up bonus is horrible, plus the first year AF is not waived comparing the CSP/Arrival. 

60k TYP in branch and $350 annual fee. Furthermore, it has a hefty annual fee because it offers more extensive travel benefits than the Arrival or CSP. Although the CSP definitely wins with transfer partners. 

For most people that is not an option because their footprint in the US these days is bad..it means most people don't have a citibank near them.

CSP wins with Transfer partners, but I also feel that Chase customer service is far superior than Citi bank, unless Prestige customers get a different customer service # than preferred/premier customers.

Prestige get their own dedicated CS #, 100% U.S. based. So far, their CS has been great to me. I got it because it was free money the first year. I've received the 60k TYP,  $200 airline credit, bought two round trip tickets to the Caribbean for $680, have used the AC lounge benefit, and have received a $100 statement credit when the concierge team was not able to make my reservation. I can't complain. 

Message 22 of 29
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

I am going to play devils advocate with the citi and its new transfer partners. If you travel to middle east and Asia an lot i suppose it wouldn't be bad to transfer to. I think having etihad, quatar, cathay and singapore airlines are some pretty good partners to have. 

As far as combo with prestige, If you have the old forward card i am guessing could be an good combo yes no ? 5% on restuarants entertainment and amazon if i am not mistakened?

WIth that being said i would rather have PRG or CSP :-)

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 23 of 29
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

I am going to play devils advocate with the citi and its new transfer partners. If you travel to middle east and Asia an lot i suppose it wouldn't be bad to transfer to. I think having etihad, quatar, cathay and singapore airlines are some pretty good partners to have. 

As far as combo with prestige, If you have the old forward card i am guessing could be an good combo yes no ? 5% on restuarants entertainment and amazon if i am not mistakened?

WIth that being said i would rather have PRG or CSP :-)

You said it very well! If only I was old enough, at the time, to have gotten that credit card hahaha. Boooo. 

Message 24 of 29
H14
Contributor

Must say these new benefits do look very attractive. Especially like that the airline credit can be used for airfare. 

As far as I can tell, (aside from lack of transfer partners)the only thing this card is missing is primary auto rental collision insurance, which a number of top tier travel cards seem to have. 

Will definitely consider this card for some years down the line, comboing it with the 5x Forward would be great for rewards.

Message 25 of 29
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@H14 wrote:

Must say these new benefits do look very attractive. Especially like that the airline credit can be used for airfare. 

As far as I can tell, (aside from lack of transfer partners)the only thing this card is missing is primary auto rental collision insurance, which a number of top tier travel cards seem to have. 

Will definitely consider this card for some years down the line, comboing it with the 5x Forward would be great for rewards.

I envy your Forward hahahah. 

Message 26 of 29
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

Thanks, nice to know. I travel with the AMEX plat and Citi Prestige World Elite so AMEX doesn't cover AA Admiral's club anymore, but citi prestige does, and the $250 airline credit is for any airline even if you did not use the card to buy tickets and at the same time I use AMEX's $200 air credit, so that's why these 2 cards are the one's I take with me while traveling (and if AMEX is not accepted, the citi world mastercard is)

Message 27 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my opinion the best benefit from the Prestige card was the international companion ticket.  I got great deals from that.  Since this is now gone I'm looking for another card with the same benefit.  I don't want to pay for first/business class so I wouldn't go for Amex Platinum.  Can anyone recommend another card with international companion ticket were you don't have to buy first/business class base ticket?  Thanks.

Message 28 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@youdontkillmoney wrote:

Thanks, nice to know. I travel with the AMEX plat and Citi Prestige World Elite so AMEX doesn't cover AA Admiral's club anymore, but citi prestige does, and the $250 airline credit is for any airline even if you did not use the card to buy tickets and at the same time I use AMEX's $200 air credit, so that's why these 2 cards are the one's I take with me while traveling (and if AMEX is not accepted, the citi world mastercard is)

Interesting benefit. Once I'm able to I think I may investigate this option in-branch for an effective AF of $100.

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.