Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Prestige - PC Next Year

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Prestige - PC Next Year

Like all of us Citi Prestige cardholders, I was very disappointed to hear about the impending benefits cuts to come next July.

The $450 AF will no longer be worth it to me, especially if I can get approved for the Sapphire Reserve from Chase.

My question is, do any of you with experience with Citi think I'll have an issue downgrading my card next July to maybe a TY Premier, or even a Double Cash? Or do they have policies against switching between rewards families (i.e. ThankYou to cash back)?

Any insights are appreciated!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Citi Prestige - PC Next Year

@Anonymous wrote:

Like all of us Citi Prestige cardholders, I was very disappointed to hear about the impending benefits cuts to come next July.

The $450 AF will no longer be worth it to me, especially if I can get approved for the Sapphire Reserve from Chase.

My question is, do any of you with experience with Citi think I'll have an issue downgrading my card next July to maybe a TY Premier, or even a Double Cash? Or do they have policies against switching between rewards families (i.e. ThankYou to cash back)?

It shouldn't be a problem. Citi is generally pretty flexbile with PCs/downgrades.

Although the benefits being cut is irritating, it's cyclical, as I like to remind people. The Chase Sapphire (original one) has lost several benefits over the years. It's just how things go.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sure they'll be able to PC for you but I can see the CSR also having it's benefits nerfed in the future.. Unfortunately part of the business..
Message 3 of 4
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

IMHO the Prestige even if its nerfed form is still better than the CSR for me at least. I will probably app for it next year along with closing one of my cards which probably will be either the premier or Preferred ( probably preferred since the Premier has gas included on it)

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.