Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Prestige = Super Card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Prestige = Super Card?

The more I read about the Prestige, the more impressed I am. Doesn't the Prestige combine all of the great perks of the Amex Platinum (in some cases even more perks, like free 4th night at a hotel, 3 free rounds of golf) with the points multiplier of the Premier Rewards Gold Card or CSP?

I don't see the downside here. My gripe with the Amex Platinum has always been the lack of almost any points multiplier. The Prestige seems to come with all of the perks of the Platinum, but with all of the points multipliers of the PRG or CSP. What's the catch here? Someone want to play devil's advocate? If you are looking for a top-flight perks card -- isn't the Prestige the clear choice?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Prestige = Super Card?

I have the Prestige. The issue for me is that I do not utilize any of their transfer partners. But I am always offered a good retention offer. So I keep it lol.

Message 2 of 15
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@heyarrnold wrote:

I have the Prestige. The issue for me is that I do not utilize any of their transfer partners. But I am always offered a good retention offer. So I keep it lol.

the issue i would have is no domestic transfer partners, which mean that you will probably be paying fuel surcharges for whatever you transfer your points to. MR has delta or BA for domestic flights , Chase UR has BA and UAL, I don't think typ has any domestic partners that i know of. An lot of people have either Ur or MR cards so there is an lot of overlap on partners with TYP i think. With that being said its nice to have bonus point earning card that has an lot of ameneties like platinum card. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's a very good point -- I just assumed that because Prestige offers AA Admirals Club, they would also have an AA transfer partrnership. That definitely blows a gap in my argument.

Message 4 of 15
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That's a very good point -- I just assumed that because Prestige offers AA Admirals Club, they would also have an AA transfer partrnership. That definitely blows a gap in my argument.

If they got AA as transfer partner i would definately get premeir , but right now i don't think its worth it for me. I think citi were to have aa as an partner with their typ program nobody would app for their citi aa cards. I think american airlines wouldn't be too happy about that. 

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

However, TYP with Prestige do count x1.6 when redeemed for AA flights and x1.33 on all other airlines -- which is a better rate than the 1:1 with AMEX or CSP. This could more than make up for the fuel surcharge, right?>=

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sadly, I won't be looking to get this card probably till beginning of next year. Smiley Tongue

I'd love to get it with 350 AF. Likely this will coincide with me closing RC.

Message 7 of 15
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sadly, I won't be looking to get this card probably till beginning of next year. Smiley Tongue

make another bet with pizza then you can try again :-) 

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Nope. With this last app. I'm at 5 for the last 6 months and I know Citi will count theirs in there for 6. Not gonna give em the satisfaction of wasting my time right now. Plus I will be in a lot better position to app in January with my last two C/O falling off.

Message 9 of 15
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Nope. With this last app. I'm at 5 for the last 6 months and I know Citi will count theirs in there for 6. Not gonna give em the satisfaction of wasting my time right now. Plus I will be in a lot better position to app in January with my last two C/O falling off.

hah i actually have being contemplating citi aa business card, but i think i have way too many ex HP right now. i am in double digits range i think 3 or 4 should fall off by end of the summer i can re-assess picking up that card then. Citi already gave me pretty crappy apr and CL with my citi aa card. 

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.