Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Prestige Travel Protection

tag
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

Citi Prestige Travel Protection

Has anyone used the protection included with the card for travel interruptions? 

I filed a claim a month ago and I just received notice that it was denied. SHADY. I just called to refute it. 

Their reason for denial: not a covered reason and you didn't miss more than 50% of your trip.

*Rolls sleeves*: Okay, girl, listen here. 1) My flight was from SFO to CDG, CDG to ATH, ATH to JTR. I was only able to make SFO to CDG. 1/3 of the trip. 2/3 > 50%. 2) A covered reason under your terms and conditions is a missed connection. 

I submitted all the paperwork that they asked for and they're being super shady *rolls eyes*. Included in the documentation was the original itinerary, the new flight that I had to book for 767 USD, and a signed letter from AF about the missed connection/flight cancellation. Girl, bye. I am not going to stop until they approve my claim. If they don't budge, I'll have to file a claim against Citi for providing false advertisement on their product. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Prestige Travel Protection

I understand your frustration but why do you feel the need to use 'girl' in the way that you did?  The sex of the person you talked to isnt important and referring to her as girl is pretty condescending.

Good luck with your claim.

Message 2 of 8
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I understand your frustration but why do you feel the need to use 'girl' in the way that you did?  The sex of the person you talked to isnt important and referring to her as girl is pretty condescending.

It's a fabulous term used by us, the gays Smiley Tongue

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@heyarrnold wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It's a fabulous term used by us, the gays Smiley Tongue

Heh, ok

Message 4 of 8
baller4life
Super Contributor

Here's the definition for you Irish. It's just an expression. Not gender oriented. 😄

Girl Bye:

A term used to dismiss a comment or an accusation by another person. Could also be directed to a guy.

"My friend and I were walkin down the street and passed a man who was trying to holla at us. My friend turned to me and said, "There you go Amy he looks like your type", I of course turned to her and said, GIRL BYE, he is too ugly" 😜

Message 5 of 8
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

Here's the definition for you Irish. It's just an expression. Not gender oriented. 😄

Girl Bye:

A term used to dismiss a comment or an accusation by another person. Could also be directed to a guy.

"My friend and I were walkin down the street and passed a man who was trying to holla at us. My friend turned to me and said, "There you go Amy he looks like your type", I of course turned to her and said, GIRL BYE, he is too ugly" 😜

LMAO. Yaaaaaasss kween. 

Message 6 of 8
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

They're reasoning probably comes from you missing 1 of 3 flights which isn't half your trip. Was this all one way and those were connections?

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.