Citi Prestige being updated

tag
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi Prestige being updated

@Anonymous wrote:

Is this card metal?

It looks like it might be. Smiley Surprised

I hope it is!  I can't wait to receive it in the mail.

Message 21 of 40
ficobgtx
Regular Contributor

@JAY305 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Is this card metal?

If it is metal, you guys might have just cost me a HP and $450! Smiley Very Happy

TU - 850 (BOA TU08 FICO/Barclay TU08), 831 (CK FAKO)
EQ - 870 (CITI FICO), 848 (ATFCU FICO), 831 (CK FAKO)
EX - 841 (AMEX FICO)
Message 22 of 40
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Maybe one day I will get the attraction of the metal cards.  Or why people care anything at all about the card appearance.  Since they spend so little time being viewed IME

No, don't think I will!

Message 23 of 40
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

Maybe one day I will get the attraction of the metal cards.  Or why people care anything at all about the card appearance.  Since they spend so little time being viewed IME

No, don't think I will!

it's all about personal preferences.  

I admit, in a budget concious way - i love status.  For example; I love having my Premier status with United, Platinum Priveleges status with BOA, Marriott Rewards status with Marriott etc.  So, with that being said - it all echos that Capital One slogan of "what's in your wallet".  The look and feel of a card says alot.  LOL

Message 24 of 40
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@JAY305 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

No, don't think I will!

I admit, in a budget concious way - i love status.  For example; I love having my Premier status with United, Platinum Priveleges status with BOA, Marriott Rewards status with Marriott etc.  So, with that being said - it all echos that Capital One slogan of "what's in your wallet".  The look and feel of a card says alot.  LOL

But those are a little different, as each confers (some) real benefit.    I get the feel that some would apply for a metal card even if it made very little sense for their spending, goals etc, just because it is metal.   That's what I don't get!

Message 25 of 40
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@ficobgtx wrote:

@JAY305 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Is this card metal?

If it is metal, you guys might have just cost me a HP and $450! Smiley Very Happy

$350 if you apply in a branch.

Message 26 of 40
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@ficobgtx wrote:

@JAY305 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Is this card metal?

$350 if you apply in a branch.

Unfortunately, I did a PC so, I am stuck with the higher annual fee.

Message 27 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

I swear by the pictures it looks metal.

No one knows??

Message 28 of 40
ficobgtx
Regular Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@JAY305 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

No, don't think I will!

But those are a little different, as each confers (some) real benefit.    I get the feel that some would apply for a metal card even if it made very little sense for their spending, goals etc, just because it is metal.   That's what I don't get!

To be honest, my statement was tongue-and-cheek. While I do think aesthetics are important, they would not sway me one way or another. I even carry a fidelity CMA card as my primary ATM card because I think it is great (looks awful though - green and gray with gold raised numbers!). I can't speak for others, but I think most people (not all) that follow these forums feel the same... I'm just trying to squeeze as much benefit out of cards as I can.

TU - 850 (BOA TU08 FICO/Barclay TU08), 831 (CK FAKO)
EQ - 870 (CITI FICO), 848 (ATFCU FICO), 831 (CK FAKO)
EX - 841 (AMEX FICO)
Message 29 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ficobgtx wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@JAY305 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

No, don't think I will!

To be honest, my statement was tongue-and-cheek. While I do think aesthetics are important, they would not sway me one way or another. I even carry a fidelity CMA card as my primary ATM card because I think it is great (looks awful though - green and gray with gold raised numbers!). I can't speak for others, but I think most people (not all) that follow these forums feel the same... I'm just trying to squeeze as much benefit out of cards as I can.

Yes, but if you can have a great looking card with great benefits, it's a doublewin. Smiley Happy

Message 30 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.