Did you mean: 

Citi Prestige benefit: Admiral Club membership

tag
scottykhan
Contributor

Citi Prestige benefit: Admiral Club membership

Here is the email I received today

"

Beginning March 27, 2014, your Citi Prestige® Card will feature two new benefits to make your travels all the more extraordinary. 

Travel more with fewer ThankYou® Points*
Your points are now worth even more when redeemed for American Airlines or US Airways® flights than when redeemed for non-air travel, booked through the Citi ThankYou® Travel Center.
For example, 50,000 ThankYou Points can be redeemed for a $500 hotel stay, or an $800 flight on American Airlines or US Airways® (60% more value), or a $665 flight on any other airline (33% more value).*
To learn more about all the ways you can use ThankYou Points, visit thankyou.com
Enjoy a relaxing escape at airport lounges worldwide
For the first time ever, you can enjoy complimentary access to nearly 40 American Airlines Admirals Club® lounges when you present your Citi Prestige Card and boarding pass.1
Plus enjoy access to a network of more than 440 Airport Angel airport lounges worldwide.2
To locate a lounge, visit aa.com/admiralsclub orairportangel.com/citiprestige
All of this is in addition to your existing benefits, including:
Up to $200 in airline fee credits3
A $100 Global Entry application fee credit4
It’s our way of bringing you unforgettable experiences wherever you travel.
To explore the range of benefits your card offers, visit citi.com/citiprestige
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Re: Citi Prestige benefit: Admiral Club membership

Yea, i read an article on the Points Guy blog about this a few days ago....With same $450 AF as the AA Exec, I don't see the difference in these two cards except for the miles/points thing.

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 2 of 9
scottykhan
Contributor

I don't think AA Execitive card would give you $200 airline credit and $100 credit for Global Entry

Message 3 of 9
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@scottykhan wrote:

I don't think AA Execitive card would give you $200 airline credit and $100 credit for Global Entry

$200 credit on purchases and i'm sure it can be for airlines too. 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 4 of 9
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@yudeology101 wrote:

Yea, i read an article on the Points Guy blog about this a few days ago....With same $450 AF as the AA Exec, I don't see the difference in these two cards except for the miles/points thing.

Flight points are a feature of the Prestige (and, in the past, the Premier).  You get 1 flight point for each mile flown, and these convert to TYP when matched by equivalent spending.  So with the 1 point = 1.6 cents on AA "properly" balanced between spend and flights, you can earn 3.2 cents on AA per $ spent

But you still can't transfer miles to AA!

Message 5 of 9
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@yudeology101 wrote:

Flight points are a feature of the Prestige (and, in the past, the Premier).  You get 1 flight point for each mile flown, and these convert to TYP when matched by equivalent spending.  So with the 1 point = 1.6 AA miles, "properly" balanced between spend and flights, you can earn 3.2 AA miles per $ spent

Thanks for the info, buddy.  I'm not a math person and coverting the reward structure system(miles/points) per dollar is a semi-headache, so i don't pay too much attention....i just come in the forum lol  

Message 6 of 9
enharu
Super Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

@scottykhan wrote:

$200 credit on purchases and i'm sure it can be for airlines too. 

the $200 credit for AA is just a sign-up bonus.

The $200 airline credit for the Prestige card is a annual benefit, similar to Amex Plat and Chase Ritz.

@longtimelurker wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@yudeology101 wrote:

Flight points are a feature of the Prestige (and, in the past, the Premier).  You get 1 flight point for each mile flown, and these convert to TYP when matched by equivalent spending.  So with the 1 point = 1.6 cents on AA "properly" balanced between spend and flights, you can earn 3.2 cents on AA per $ spent

But you still can't transfer miles to AA!

Well, there are some pluses of the way Citi Prestige points are redeemed.

Since the points are not transfered to AA, you are technically redeeming your points by booking the AA flight through Citi. So far based on what I've read, pretty much any AA flight is applicable. Haven't heard much about redeeming for AA partners, such as CX. This is probably a better deal than transfering to AA and then redeeming for an award flight, simply because award flights are subject to availability and each airline restricts the number of award tickets on each flight. I may be wrong though. This feature is new so there's not a lot of info out there yet.

AA miles are valued at around 1.6ccp for the most part, unless you are redeeming for premium international partner cabins, so it really ain't a dealbreaker for most people.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 7 of 9
scottykhan
Contributor

enharu just a off topic question from you. I know your 100k Palladium card  limit is a hidden trade line but I was wondering if it does report would it help in any way in your fico score. I heard fico scoring model doesn't factor in any limits above 50K. I know  it helps in utilization but other than that in my personal experience my fico score only jumped 3 points when my card post 100K on the bureaues. Also my BOA reported limit of 65K  increased my score only 1 point

Message 8 of 9
enharu
Super Contributor

@scottykhan wrote:

enharu just a off topic question from you. I know your 100k Palladium card  limit is a hidden trade line but I was wondering if it does report would it help in any way in your fico score. I heard fico scoring model doesn't factor in any limits above 50K. I know  it helps in utilization but other than that in my personal experience my fico score only jumped 3 points when my card post 100K on the bureaues. Also my BOA reported limit of 65K  increased my score only 1 point

Not too sure on the scoring itself. My scores are around 790ish at the moment and I'm not too concerned about it as long as it stays above 750.

My utilization can be high at times if I don't pre-pay before statement cuts, but I let that happen whenever I am not seeking credit, so my scores don't matter then. I have been paying in full as well so I am not too worried about getting AA simply because of high utilization. During my most recent experience with Chase, they didn't care about my FICO score either and based their entire decision on their internal scoring algorithms. So other than for approvals, FICO scores don't seem to matter much, at least to me.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.