Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Prestige holders remember....

tag
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

Citi Prestige holders remember....

to use your $250 airline credit before January when they expire for this year....I am not traveling this month so I bought AA gift cards (Air line purchase) Just got my statement and they credited all $250. PLUS I got triple TY points for air purchase!!  What a great card. So use your credit for this year if you have not already. Come January you will get another $250.   Mods, if this should go somewhere else please move.

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citi Prestige holders remember....

@odd_dog wrote:

to use your $250 airline credit before January when they expire for this year....I am not traveling this month so I bought AA gift cards (Air line purchase) Just got my statement and they credited all $250. PLUS I got triple TY points for air purchase!!  What a great card. So use your credit for this year if you have not already. Come January you will get another $250.   Mods, if this should go somewhere else please move.

You can do that? Use your $250 on airline gift cards?

Message 2 of 22
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

Yup my December statement proves it. I did it with American, but the terms of Prestige say ANY airline fee even tickets. What you will NOT get reimbursed for is buying POINTS or MILES, they are not coded as airline, I believe they come from a third party. So if your airline sells gift cards you sure can. AND you do get the 3X TYP for airfare. SOOOOOOOO   COOOOOL

Message 3 of 22
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@odd_dog wrote:

Yup my December statement proves it. I did it with American, but the terms of Prestige say ANY airline fee even tickets. What you will NOT get reimbursed for is buying POINTS or MILES, they are not coded as airline, I believe they come from a third party. So if your airline sells gift cards you sure can. AND you do get the 3X TYP for airfare. SOOOOOOOO   COOOOOL

Sweet, thanks for the heads up!

Message 4 of 22
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

no problem!!

Message 5 of 22
dilettante
Established Contributor

@odd_dog wrote:

Thanks for the heads up.  Did you buy one for $250 in one transaction, or was it broken up into different amounts and different transactions?  I read on FT awhile ago that some had to keep the purchase under $100 but I'm wondering if that has changed since they restructured their card and award system.

Message 6 of 22
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Just bought AA gift cards with the remainder of my credit, I hope you're right! LOL.

Message 7 of 22
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@-NewGuy- wrote:

Just bought AA gift cards with the remainder of my credit, I hope you're right! LOL.

Lol you definitely can. I've done it too Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 22
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@heyarrnold wrote:

@-NewGuy- wrote:

That's awesome. How long does it usually take for the charges to come off?

Message 9 of 22
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

@-NewGuy- wrote:

That's awesome. How long does it usually take for the charges to come off?

Once the statement closes, it reflects then. 

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.