Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Prestige holders remember....

tag
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Prestige holders remember....

Yes came off mine at statement closing within the same month I purchased them. I bought in different increments and different ways (actual gift card - with shipping charge) and virtual, 3 transactions altogether plus they billed the shipping of the actual GC separately. All charges were credited EVEN the shipping charge!!  LOL The ONLY thing that concerns me is on my statement it says the next $250 credit will "recharge" in December 2015 BUT that is not what two CSR have told me, they told me it will recharge in January 2015 so not sure about the recharge for next year yet......

Message 11 of 22
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@odd_dog wrote:

Yes came off mine at statement closing within the same month I purchased them. I bought in different increments and different ways (actual gift card - with shipping charge) and virtual, 3 transactions altogether plus they billed the shipping of the actual GC separately. All charges were credited EVEN the shipping charge!!  LOL The ONLY thing that concerns me is on my statement it says the next $250 credit will "recharge" in December 2015 BUT that is not what two CSR have told me, they told me it will recharge in January 2015 so not sure about the recharge for next year yet......

This is what the T&C says:

"This statement credit is an annual benefit available for purchases appearing on your billing statements from December through the following December. Pending transactions that do not post in your December billing cycle will count towards the next year's Air Travel Credit."

So it sounds like if it posts in December, it counts towards the previous year... right?

Message 12 of 22
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

YES see that is what the CSR's told me (use it now before you lose it for 2014) BUT like I said my statement says December 2015 so who knows, it is Citi after all, and my statement may be wrong....I going by YOU and the CSR's and the T&C!! LOL

Message 13 of 22
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@odd_dog wrote:

YES see that is what the CSR's told me (use it now before you lose it for 2014) BUT like I said my statement says December 2015 so who knows, it is Citi after all, and my statement may be wrong....I going by YOU and the CSR's and the T&C!! LOL

Who knows really. I try not to be a pessimist but when it comes to credit card stuff, I believe it when I see it honestly.

Message 14 of 22
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@odd_dog wrote:

Who knows really. I try not to be a pessimist but when it comes to credit card stuff, I believe it when I see it honestly.

LOL and I am just a happy idiot!!!  ENJOY the GC NewGuy!!!

Message 15 of 22
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@odd_dog wrote:

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@odd_dog wrote:

I will. The prestige is turning out to be quite the AA earning card.

Message 16 of 22
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@odd_dog wrote:

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@odd_dog wrote:

RIGHT???  I still am holding out that when the merger happens AA will be a TY transfer partner...even if not a 1 to 1 transfer.....(that is the happy idiot talking!!)

Message 17 of 22
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@odd_dog wrote:

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@odd_dog wrote:

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@odd_dog wrote:

RIGHT???  I still am holding out that when the merger happens AA will be a TY transfer partner...even if not a 1 to 1 transfer.....(that is the happy idiot talking!!)

That would certainly be interesting. It would take away much of the value of the AA Exec card though, since you can earn more miles on the Prestige at that point, although no US Air lounge access and no priority treatment.

Message 18 of 22
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@odd_dog wrote:

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@odd_dog wrote:

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@odd_dog wrote:

That would certainly be interesting. It would take away much of the value of the AA Exec card though, since you can earn more miles on the Prestige at that point, although no US Air lounge access and no priority treatment.

Agreed that is why I thought no 1 to 1, but good point you can earn more on TYP with prestige, then miles on AA executive.....hummmm, sadly for Executive card you do get Lounge access with Prestige to Admirals club (but you must have a actual ticket from AA) and arent US Air clubs now all Admiral Clubs now anyway? (I could be wrong on that but have seen some turning into Admiral's), so the US Air club thing will not matter soon anyway. Again though this IS Citi and since when has ANYTHING they do made sense??  LOL

edit for really bad grammer

Message 19 of 22
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

@odd_dog wrote:

to use your $250 airline credit before January when they expire for this year....I am not traveling this month so I bought AA gift cards (Air line purchase) Just got my statement and they credited all $250. PLUS I got triple TY points for air purchase!!  What a great card. So use your credit for this year if you have not already. Come January you will get another $250.   Mods, if this should go somewhere else please move.

Thanks for the post.  I just pulled up my statement and it suggests that my credit will be avaialble again on 12/22/14.  My statement usually closes around the 20th of each month.  I guess I have to use my remaining $241.01 by 12/22/14. 

Has anyone else viewed their paper statement and if so, do you have a date listed. 

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.