Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Prestige lounge access questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Prestige lounge access questions

I am going to be travelling soon with my fiance and her mother overseas.

I called Citi customer service the night of my Prestige approval to verify that I could bring both of them with me to each lounge we would visit as part of the '2 additional guests' lounge rule.

The rep said I needed to show ONLY my Prestige card and we would be all set, which sounded great so I ended the call happy.

Today I received a Priority Pass card with my name on it and a sheet that clearly states I will need to present BOTH cards in order to gain access to the lounges, something which the rep said I didn't need to do. 

Kind of confused now, anybody had any real experience with the '2 additional guests' perk? Do I need to order them both Priority Pass cards now? Or are both cards enough to have us ALL gain access to each airport lounge?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Prestige lounge access questions

@Anonymous wrote:

I called Citi customer service the night of my Prestige approval to verify that I could bring both of them with me to each lounge we would visit as part of the '2 additional guests' lounge rule.

The rep said I needed to show ONLY my Prestige card and we would be all set, which sounded great so I ended the call happy.

Today I received a Priority Pass card with my name on it and a sheet that clearly states I will need to present BOTH cards in order to gain access to the lounges, something which the rep said I didn't need to do. 

Kind of confused now, anybody had any real experience with the '2 additional guests' perk? Do I need to order them both Priority Pass cards now? Or are both cards enough to have us ALL gain access to each airport lounge?

Thanks in advance.

The only places that you only have to show your Prestige card are Admiral Clubs.  For access  to other lounges that are accessible to Priority Pass members and 2 guests, you need to show your Priority Pass card (your guests dont need one and cant get one unless they are authorized users on your Prestige account).

Message 2 of 13
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks in advance.

I had to show my PP card to gain lounge access overseas. I suggest you have both but the PP is required accoding to what i was told and that is what i used to gain access to several lounges. Of course, I wasn't bringing in guests and I know there are different guest policies for different PP memberships from different products so it might make sense that you need to show both cards when wanting other guests to come in. Best to play it safe and carry both. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I am really hoping I am not going to run into any hassle with this perk overseas or anything because paying an additional $54 ($27 per person) per airport (and we will be visiting like 5 lounges) would not be ideal. And I would imagine some of the smaller airports we will be visiting probably don't experience much of this perk being used either. Hoping someone that has used this additional guest perk can reassure me that everything is going to be ok LOL

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, I am really hoping I am not going to run into any hassle with this perk overseas or anything because paying an additional $54 ($27 per person) per airport (and we will be visiting like 5 lounges) would not be ideal. And I would imagine some of the smaller airports we will be visiting probably don't experience much of this perk being used either. Hoping someone that has used this additional guest perk can reassure me that everything is going to be ok LOL

Everything is going to be ok.  No one said otherwise

Message 5 of 13
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1 Not sure the cause for concern. Bring both cards, end of worries. 

;
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

But you have to understand me worrying though, right? I mean with the terms being super vague and the rep giving me wrong information, I would be a little annoyed if they got turned away from a lounge after I paid a $450 AF...

EDIT: Didn't know travelling guests couldn't get a PP card as part of the perk, I guess this answers my question then. The perk must be valid upon presentation of both of my cards and a flight ticket.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

But you have to understand me worrying though, right? I mean with the terms being super vague and the rep giving me wrong information, I would be a little annoyed if I got turned away from a lounge after paying a $450 AF...

EDIT: Didn't know travelling guests couldn't get a PP card as part of the perk, I guess this answers my question then.

Ummm, not really.  Focus on your trip.  Lounge access is just a small part of it and it's not a big deal to bring both cards is it?  No one has told you that your guests wont get n.  Even if you had to pay $54 and get Citi to reimburse you after the fact it's not a big deal.  Even taking the Citi rep as being 'wrong she/he might have thought you were talking about Admiral Club access where all you need to show is your Prestige card.  If you didn't need the Priority Pass card for access to lounges they wouldn't send one to you.  Travelling overseas can be stressful enough.  Don't add to it by presuming something bad is going to happen, just enjoy the trip.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

But you have to understand me worrying though, right? I mean with the terms being super vague and the rep giving me wrong information, I would be a little annoyed if I got turned away from a lounge after paying a $450 AF...

EDIT: Didn't know travelling guests couldn't get a PP card as part of the perk, I guess this answers my question then.

Ummm, not really.  Focus on your trip.  Lounge access is just a small part of it and it's not a big deal to bring both cards is it?  No one has told you that your guests wont get n.  Even if you had to pay $54 and get Citi to reimburse you after the fact it's not a big deal.  Even taking the Citi rep as being 'wrong she/he might have thought you were talking about Admiral Club access where all you need to show is your Prestige card.  If you didn't need the Priority Pass card for access to lounges they wouldn't send one to you.  Travelling overseas can be stressful enough.  Don't add to it by presuming something bad is going to happen, just enjoy the trip.

I was never not going to bring both cards, I just wasn't sure if they also needed registered PP cards. But I guess not. I stress a lot when I travel and plan, can you tell? It usually works out as I can plan out every aspect of the trip perfectly, this was just something I wanted to clarify. Thanks guys

EDIT: (For anyone who cares) I think I have figured it out, after reading through the Priority Pass smallprint and terms, they track each member and number of guests who accompany a member into each lounge and swipe the appropriate cards. I would imagine they 'charge' for each guest and Citi charge it off as part of the perk.

Message 9 of 13
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I was never not going to bring both cards, I just wasn't sure if they also needed registered PP cards. But I guess not. I stress a lot when I travel and plan, can you tell? It usually works out as I can plan out every aspect of the trip perfectly, this was just something I wanted to clarify. Thanks guys

No they don't get or need PP cards of their own if you are with them and have your cards.  

;
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.