Citi Prestige now 50K

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Prestige now 50K

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:
New Update:

Statement had 54,326 points on it....it's now a week later, points are not in my citi thankyou account, balance has been paid in full.

Chatted with citi online, can't explain it, was told to call the thankyou center.

Called the thankyou center, guy can't explain why, transfers me to standard customer service

on the phone with customer service, who can't explain it, I'm now on hold while she searches for my missing points.

#ILikeChaseBetter
#I'mAComplainer
#GImmeMorePoints

I just got kicked out of the online app for 40k TYP repeatedly Smiley Tongue

I guess I have to call 1800321CITI tomorrow morning and do it over the phone :c

Went 100% smooth here. I think they're on to people.

Message 711 of 794
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

THEY DIDN'T CATCH ON TO THE OL' CLEAR CACHE AND TRY AND TRICK Smiley Wink ...it's funny because I'm signed into my Citi account but it worked Smiley Very Happy

Winnnerrrrrrrr.png

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 712 of 794
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:
New Update:

Statement had 54,326 points on it....it's now a week later, points are not in my citi thankyou account, balance has been paid in full.

Chatted with citi online, can't explain it, was told to call the thankyou center.

Called the thankyou center, guy can't explain why, transfers me to standard customer service

on the phone with customer service, who can't explain it, I'm now on hold while she searches for my missing points.

#ILikeChaseBetter
#I'mAComplainer
#GImmeMorePoints

I just got kicked out of the online app for 40k TYP repeatedly Smiley Tongue

I guess I have to call 1800321CITI tomorrow morning and do it over the phone :c

It's 24 hours to apply by phone. I had to do citigold over the phone cause their website is whack. Also, if you mean thankyou premier I hope you mean the 50k offer. 

Also, I was told 1-2 billing cycles for points to post? Really? What is this, the dark ages? 

Oh, it is? The first rep gave me the citigold number, and that was closed. He told me "they don't open Citigold here, only at the citigold number".

I meant thank you points for banking. I don't need the Premier...yet. 

And that's SPECIAL...special ed Smiley Tongue

1-888-248-4728

I called the regular customer service number and told them I wanted citigold and they connected me to a "private banker". The above number is the one listed on the page to apply for the citigold account. 

Message 713 of 794
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

THEY DIDN'T CATCH ON TO THE OL' CLEAR CACHE AND TRY AND TRICK Smiley Wink ...it's funny because I'm signed into my Citi account but it worked Smiley Very Happy

Winnnerrrrrrrr.png

oh, I guess it worked. Pretty soon you'll have the cool citigold online account. To me it might be worth the $30 just for the banner to be gold. 

Screenshot 2015-05-09 at 1.59.30 PM.png

Message 714 of 794
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

oh, I guess it worked. Pretty soon you'll have the cool citigold online account. To me it might be worth the $30 just for the banner to be gold. 

I figured if that worked to get AMEX to let me get sign up offers, it might work for Citi. And it did, lol.

And that's pretty darn snazzy...I'm hoping I keep Citigold benefits when I downgrade to basic, like multiple reports online say happens. 

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 715 of 794
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

I figured if that worked to get AMEX to let me get sign up offers, it might work for Citi. And it did, lol.

And that's pretty darn snazzy...I'm hoping I keep Citigold benefits when I downgrade to basic, like multiple reports online say happens. 

Same

Message 716 of 794
Jayb5635
Established Contributor

When we downgrade, are we just gonna send a secure message online ??? I could've sworn that's what some blogger said worked for him to retain the Citigold benefits

In my wallet: Amex Platinum NPSL, Amex Everyday Preferred $15,000, Amex Starwood $10,000, Chase Freedom Visa Signature $10,000, Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15,000, Chase Ink Plus Visa Signature $5000 Barclaycard Arrival Plus MasterCard World Elite $10,000, Cap One Quicksilver MasterCard $6000, Citi Prestige World Elite MasterCard $10,000, Citi Forward Visa $6900, Citi Premier World Elite MasterCard $5,800, Discover IT $8500
Message 717 of 794
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jayb5635 wrote:
When we downgrade, are we just gonna send a secure message online ??? I could've sworn that's what some blogger said worked for him to retain the Citigold benefits

Which.

Message 718 of 794
Jayb5635
Established Contributor

I think the blog was called miles for more. The author and his wife both signed up for the Citigold account to get the 40k thank you points. Once the points posted, I believe he said he sent a secure message online to downgrade the account to basic checking. They did, but he retained the Citigold benefits, as did his wife

In my wallet: Amex Platinum NPSL, Amex Everyday Preferred $15,000, Amex Starwood $10,000, Chase Freedom Visa Signature $10,000, Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15,000, Chase Ink Plus Visa Signature $5000 Barclaycard Arrival Plus MasterCard World Elite $10,000, Cap One Quicksilver MasterCard $6000, Citi Prestige World Elite MasterCard $10,000, Citi Forward Visa $6900, Citi Premier World Elite MasterCard $5,800, Discover IT $8500
Message 719 of 794
Jayb5635
Established Contributor

{Mod cut. That link is not allowed to be posted}

That's the link. The author said he initiated a chat session online and requested to downgrade the account

Message 720 of 794
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.