cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Prestige offered me $7 points per dollar spent on hotel and airline and car rental.

tag
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Citi Prestige offered me $7 points per dollar spent on hotel and airline and car rental.

This offer is good for six months with  maximum Of 35,000 thank you points.   My question is what would you do with 35k and additional 60K thank you points?  

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Citi Prestige offered me $7 points per dollar spent on hotel and airline and car rental.

The heck with what I would do Lol

Tell me how you got the offer? 

Oh and a trip somewhere in Asia 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 8
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Re: Citi Prestige offered me $7 points per dollar spent on hotel and airline and car rental.

@myjourney wrote:

I decided to call and cancel my Citi Prestige card representative transferred me over to the retention department that made me the offer that I could not refuse. Seven points per dollar spent on airfare hotels and car rentals for the next six months with maximum 35,000 Thank you points.  

Message 3 of 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Saleen099 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

I decided to call and cancel my Citi Prestige card representative transferred me over to the retention department that made me the offer that I could not refuse. Seven points per dollar spent on airfare hotels and car rentals for the next six months with maximum 35,000 Thank you points.  

Thanks for the info 

Guess I'll be making that call when my AF gets close 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 4 of 8
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@Saleen099 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Thanks for the info 

MJ I would call right now because I've had mine seven months. The representative even inform me to call back at the one-year mark because it would probably be more offers. They will definitely be getting a call from me late May early June seeing that they are doing away with a lot of the products and services that I know every credit card does and they have the right to but I'm gonna hit them up for something else to make it worth my wild. HELL Took my golf benefit away that's what makes me angry. 

Message 5 of 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Saleen099 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@Saleen099 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Thanks for the info 

MJ I would call right now because I've had mine seven months. The representative even inform me to call back at the one-year mark because it would probably be more offers. They will definitely be getting a call from me late May early June seeing that they are doing away with a lot of the products and services that I know every credit card does and they have the right to but I'm gonna hit them up for something else to make it worth my wild. HELL Took my golf benefit away that's what makes me angry. 

Can't call yet ROFLOL
I have 3 fourth night free deals set for Feb and MarSmiley Very Happy

Those are paid for already and don't want to chance they call my bluff Smiley Surprised

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 6 of 8
redpat
Senior Contributor

@Saleen099 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@Saleen099 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Thanks for the info 

Golf, Admirals Club and 1.60x of AA redemptions, yes fourth night free is nice but that's all this card offers right now, bummed it will be gone in July.  Prestige may be in my rear view mirror in April.  

BTW, Amex has better retention offers than what I see Citi is offering.  Amex Plat gives me 5x airline purchases with no retention offer, so with my soon amex bus plat gives me 2 cents per MR for airline redemption........CSR 3x UR points for hotels, bye, bye TY points......

Citi lost a step while amex and chase gained a step or two.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 7 of 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@redpat wrote:

@Saleen099 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@Saleen099 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Thanks for the info 

Golf, Admirals Club and 1.60x of AA redemptions, yes fourth night free is nice but that's all this card offers right now, bummed it will be gone in July.  Prestige may be in my rear view mirror in April.  

BTW, Amex has better retention offers than what I see Citi is offering.  Amex Plat gives me 5x airline purchases with no retention offer, so with my soon amex bus plat gives me 2 cents per MR for airline redemption........CSR 3x UR points for hotels, bye, bye TY points......

Citi lost a step while amex and chase gained a step or two.

That sort of thing will likely happen again (Amex change was only a result of Chase's success with the CSR) and the Prestige isn't a bad card still even after the nerfs; then again Admirals Club does nothing for me as my travel plans probably don't include domestic flights anyway this next year... and golf just ain't my style personally.

Admittedly the AA change would annoy me if this were back in 1996 where I had a road gig hubbed out of Dallas, oh how I wish I'd known about credit cards then heh, though rewards aren't what they are today to be sure.

        
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.