Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Prestige post BK

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Prestige post BK

Has anyone received a citi prestige card or know anyone that has with a 5 year old bk7 showing. Everything else is cleaned up and credit scores are all around 720. Just seeing if there was any chance. lol

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Prestige post BK

@Anonymous wrote:

Has anyone received a citi prestige card or know anyone that has with a 5 year old bk7 showing. Everything else is cleaned up and credit scores are all around 720. Just seeing if there was any chance. lol

Welcome to MYFico.

First have you checked Citi's preapproval page?  There have been people approved for the card with a 5 year old BK but a lot has to do with the rest of your profile.  Did you include Citi in your BK?

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

citi was not included. I have checked the pre approval site and nothing has come up. I feel like the rest of my profile should be very strong, and i definitely run a ton of spend through my current cards. I have over 90k in personal right now but the csp and fu were both through recon. 

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

citi was not included. I have checked the pre approval site and nothing has come up. I feel like the rest of my profile should be very strong, and i definitely run a ton of spend through my current cards. I have over 90k in personal right now but the csp and fu were both through recon. 

If that's the only bad thing on your reports and the score you listed are FICO scores, and you don't have a bunch of inquiries, then I'd say go ahead an apply.  Those scores are high enough and the BK is old enough so it's worth a shot if you really want the card.

Message 4 of 9
jacetx
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was told by the Citi Executive Office that they would automatically deny any applications with a BK on file and no recon if it is not  at least 7 years old. This does not apply to the Citi Retail cards like the Best Buy Visa. YMMV but just a warning.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, thats kind of what I was afraid of. Is it 7 years from filing or discharge? And the EO has no way of escalating to a manager to override the lack of recon? 

Message 6 of 9
jacetx
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, thats kind of what I was afraid of. Is it 7 years from filing or discharge? And the EO has no way of escalating to a manager to override the lack of recon? 

7 years from filing. I should have specified that I did recon through an analyst and was denied. I asked the EO to reconsider and was declined again. That's when I was told that recon would not help as long as the BK is under 7 years.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

well, i guess i have another year to go. Do they give immediate declines without hard inquiries if I apply? Maybe that will atleast limit the number of inq.

Message 8 of 9
jacetx
Valued Contributor

No, they do an HP every time you apply.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.