cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Prestige product change before activating it? possible?

tag
quest208
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi Prestige product change before activating it? possible?

wait did they really lower your annual fee?  or was that sarcasm?

i dont want to open another card just to save $100 for 2 months.  The real value will probably be the 4th night free and MAYBE the lounge access.  if they cover my 4th night i'll break even and on two separate trips...well i'll be happier

TU08 762
NFCU Visa Signature $20,000, Citi Prestige $15,500, USAA Mastercard $11,000, American Express Platinum, Barclays American Express $4700, Best Buy Mastercard $400, Orchard/Capital One $700
Message 11 of 17
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@quest208 wrote:

i dont want to open another card just to save $100 for 2 months.  The real value will probably be the 4th night free and MAYBE the lounge access.  if they cover my 4th night i'll break even and on two separate trips...well i'll be happier

It's a checking account. Lowers your annual fee to $350 as it's a top tier banking product.(but I got mine waived for year 1) Annual fee sticks at $350 forever from what I understand (Even if you cancel) 

Remember for 4th night free you need to book through citi concierge/carlson wagonlit travel. Don't forget about the $250 airline credit (which can simply take $250 off a ticket purchase), or the elite status with Avis, National, and Sixt, or the 50,000 point signup bonus ($800 on american/us flights), or the global entry credit, or the 3 free rounds of golf. Priority pass is great, as is admiral's club access. While it says you can only gain access if you're flying on AA/US on the day of your visit, I've NEVER been asked for a boarding pass in my 9 admiral's club visits since getting my card. Not to say you won't be, but I haven't. 

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsucool76 wrote:

@quest208 wrote:

It's a checking account. Lowers your annual fee to $350 as it's a top tier banking product.(but I got mine waived for year 1) Annual fee sticks at $350 forever from what I understand (Even if you cancel) 

Remember for 4th night free you need to book through citi concierge/carlson wagonlit travel. Don't forget about the $250 airline credit (which can simply take $250 off a ticket purchase), or the elite status with Avis, National, and Sixt, or the 50,000 point signup bonus ($800 on american/us flights), or the global entry credit, or the 3 free rounds of golf. Priority pass is great, as is admiral's club access. While it says you can only gain access if you're flying on AA/US on the day of your visit, I've NEVER been asked for a boarding pass in my 9 admiral's club visits since getting my card. Not to say you won't be, but I haven't. 

I just attempted to book through Wagonlit, They could not beat the price received with Hyatt Platinum status.

Message 13 of 17
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@quest208 wrote:

I just attempted to book through Wagonlit, They could not beat the price received with Hyatt Platinum status.

Hang up and call again. They might not be able to match it (if it's an elite only offer) but they're supposed to attempt to get you the lowest publicly available price. So if you can find a fairly close price publicly somewhere (even if it's a few bucks more a night) remember you're getting one night free. 

Message 14 of 17
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@quest208 wrote:

From what I understand, if you show them how to get the price they will book it.

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@quest208 wrote:

Hang up and call again. They might not be able to match it (if it's an elite only offer) but they're supposed to attempt to get you the lowest publicly available price. So if you can find a fairly close price publicly somewhere (even if it's a few bucks more a night) remember you're getting one night free. 

Taking into account the free night out of seven, their price overall after rebate was still higher than the HP offer. Not by much though, I may see if I can get them to use my corporate rate to get the price even lower. Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 17
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@quest208 wrote:

Taking into account the free night out of seven, their price overall after rebate was still higher than the HP offer. Not by much though, I may see if I can get them to use my corporate rate to get the price even lower. Smiley Happy

"Publicly Available Rates"

Check OTAs like Orbitz, hotels.com, travelocity, Expedia and so on, or even the BAR on the hyatt website. 

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.