Re: Citi Prestige

@Saleen099 wrote:

NICE!!!!

Thank you Saleen

Message 13 of 20
CreditJim
Established Contributor

I'm also liking my Prestige, it does seem like a card that I'll really be able to get a lot of value out of the AF. I've had cards like it in the past though, which have been watered down, like the Amex Plat, so I'm hoping they don't do that. Finding it pretty hard to justify paying the AF on my PRG now though!

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a question about redeeming the 50.000P sign-up bonus. It states that it's eligible for $800 in AA/US Airways flights, $665 on other airlines or $500 in gift cards. If you redeem for a flight, does it have to be a single flight? Or can it be multiple flights? I'm currently living and working in Istanbul and will be moving to Berlin in August, and pan-European air travel is ridiculously cheap compared to the US, so most places I'd take weekend trips to wouldn't cost much. Even roundtrip from Berlin to Morocco is about $150, for instance. 

So does the $800/$665 have to be applied to a single flight or can it be used to purchase multiple tickets? If it's the former, do you just lose the difference if your flight is under the $800/$665? 

Message 15 of 20
noobody
Established Contributor

@thewho76 does not has to be on a single ticket. Thankyou points can be used as any combination of the three.
As always, TRANSFER to partner airlines and fly luxury get most value of the points.
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@noobody wrote:
@Anonymous does not has to be on a single ticket. Thankyou points can be used as any combination of the three.
As always, TRANSFER to partner airlines and fly luxury get most value of the points.

Thanks for the response! I'll be honest, though, I have no idea what that means! I'm completely new to all of this. I've always just paid with cash/debit card, and I've only ever had two credit cards, which I still have to this day (and only the same two still!). I do so much international travel, though, that it's just super silly that I'm not taking advantage of the perks available through a card like this, though, so I'm planning on apping for it in May.

But to the point, what exactly does transfer to partner airlines mean? 

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@noobody wrote:
@Anonymous does not has to be on a single ticket. Thankyou points can be used as any combination of the three.

Thanks for the response! I'll be honest, though, I have no idea what that means! I'm completely new to all of this. I've always just paid with cash/debit card, and I've only ever had two credit cards, which I still have to this day (and only the same two still!). I do so much international travel, though, that it's just super silly that I'm not taking advantage of the perks available through a card like this, though, so I'm planning on apping for it in May.

But to the point, what exactly does transfer to partner airlines mean? 

This link shows you the tavel partners that you can transfer your Thank You points to:

https://www.thankyou.com/partnerProgramsListing.jspx?CMP=NAV&LID=header|do-more|points-transfer

In most cases, and this is true for other credit card companies points as well, you get the best value when you transfer your points to an airline mileage program and then redeem those points for business/first class tickets on international flights.

You need to review the TY Points program and the the ways you can utilize the points that best suits your needs (actually this is something you should have done prior to getting the card but that's for another discussion).

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Irish! I haven't actually got the card yet. I'm going to apply for it in May, so I'm trying to find out as much about it before then as possible. 

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks, Irish! I haven't actually got the card yet. I'm going to apply for it in May, so I'm trying to find out as much about it before then as possible. 

Oh, my mistake then.  Apologies for assuming otherwise. You're doing the right thing by researching ahead of time.  Too often we see posters here asking about questions about a card after they already have it.  Definitely keep researching before applying as the process for converting credit card points can be daunting.  The Prestige is a great card if you travel

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.