Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Price Rewind vs AMEX

tag
Rackham94
Established Contributor

Citi Price Rewind vs AMEX

With the holidays closing in I received an email from Citi reminding me of Dividend Select card has price rewind that will allow members to purchase an item at listed price and if the price drops they can credit the difference. 

"Once you register a purchase online with Citi Price Rewind, we will search our database of online merchants for a lower price for 30 days after the purchase date. If we find a price that is at least $25 less than what you paid, you can be eligible for a refund of the difference, up to $250 per item."

Anyone know of any card that offer this benefit as well? I use my new AMEX for just about everything now lol. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Citi Price Rewind vs AMEX

Amex no longer has price rewind / matching benefit.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 8
icloud2525
Frequent Contributor

I've used citi price rewind twice in the past few months.  Works great but you have to search for yourself, find it lower than fax in the forms.  Did that twice and recieved checks in about two weeks.  Don't rely on them "finding" a lower price.

Chase Sapphire Reserve $32.5K, Amex BCP $20K, Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Hilton Surpass $13,500, Amex Hilton $16,200, Discover it $16,000, Citi TYP $18,900, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $12,000, Virgin Atlantic World Elite MC $13,100, Merrill+ Visa Sig $10,000, Fidelity Visa Sig $14,000, Barclay Cash Forward $16,500, Wells Fargo Rewards $12,500, Local CU $7000, Barclay Apple Rewards $5500, Chase Freedom $5000,-- EQ FICO 768, EX FICO 777, TU FICO 781
Message 3 of 8
Rackham94
Established Contributor

Grr sounds like a hassle but everything comes with a price lol thanks
Message 4 of 8
enharu
Super Contributor

Discover gives you 90 days, citi gives you 30 and I think chase (certain cards only) gives you 60 or 90 days?

These claims are generally quite troublesome with any lender, and there are restrictions, such as discounts due to coupon codes not qualifying for price rewinds.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 5 of 8
Rackham94
Established Contributor

Black Friday ads?
Message 6 of 8
HiLine
Blogger

@icloud2525 wrote:

I've used citi price rewind twice in the past few months.  Works great but you have to search for yourself, find it lower than fax in the forms.  Did that twice and recieved checks in about two weeks.  Don't rely on them "finding" a lower price.

At least they try ...

Message 7 of 8
Rackham94
Established Contributor

Haven't tried maybe I should test it out

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.