Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Price Rewind

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Price Rewind

Hey guys and gals, I've got a question about the price rewind system, which I hope to be simple, straight forward, or at least easy to answer...

Anywho. I am looking to make a purchase soon (August, likely. Possibly before) and the specific item is not on their system but a veryyyy close variation of it is.

Is it possible to get the item added to their system before purchasing, or no? Or could I submit what I purchased as the variation that they do have listed, or would/could that cause problems between Citi and I...?

I'll go into further detail in case it happens to be helpful/necessary.

I am going to be purchasing a set of Nitto Terra Grappler G2 tires for my truck in a 305/55r20 size. Nitto offers an XL load rating and an LT(E) load rating for this tire. I will be getting the XL load rating, but I cannot find it on Citi's Price Rewind database; I am only able to successfully find the LT(E).

As for the differences in the product, they are very minuscule however they are different nonetheless. The difference is that the LT(E) tire can hold about ~300-400 more lbs of weight per tire, and has 3/32nds deeper tread. The cost difference is nominal (about $10 more per tire usually for the XL than the LT(E), probably because it's rare to find an XL in that size.) However for my specific needs/"performance" the XL better suits my needs.

Have any of you had a similar circumstance? Were you able to add the specific item to their database before purchasing? Have you ever submitted an item for a price Rewind that wasn't the "exact" item per specs but still got Rewind credits for it?

Any advice is certainly welcome. Thanks in advance fellow myFicoers.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: Citi Price Rewind

@Anonymous wrote:
Hey guys and gals, I've got a question about the price rewind system, which I hope to be simple, straight forward, or at least easy to answer...

Anywho. I am looking to make a purchase soon (August, likely. Possibly before) and the specific item is not on their system but a veryyyy close variation of it is.

Is it possible to get the item added to their system before purchasing, or no? Or could I submit what I purchased as the variation that they do have listed, or would/could that cause problems between Citi and I...?

I'll go into further detail in case it happens to be helpful/necessary.

I am going to be purchasing a set of Nitto Terra Grappler G2 tires for my truck in a 305/55r20 size. Nitto offers an XL load rating and an LT(E) load rating for this tire. I will be getting the XL load rating, but I cannot find it on Citi's Price Rewind database; I am only able to successfully find the LT(E).

As for the differences in the product, they are very minuscule however they are different nonetheless. The difference is that the LT(E) tire can hold about ~300-400 more lbs of weight per tire, and has 3/32nds deeper tread. The cost difference is nominal (about $10 more per tire usually for the XL than the LT(E), probably because it's rare to find an XL in that size.) However for my specific needs/"performance" the XL better suits my needs.

Have any of you had a similar circumstance? Were you able to add the specific item to their database before purchasing? Have you ever submitted an item for a price Rewind that wasn't the "exact" item per specs but still got Rewind credits for it?

Any advice is certainly welcome. Thanks in advance fellow myFicoers.

I've saved thousands with Citi PW and even got rewinds on some tires a few months ago. What worked for me was that I found in the PW database a generic, non-size-specific listing of my tires. My tires were one of the generally more expensive sizes, but I think the search program just looked at the lower prices for the entire product line and ignored sizes. Either that, or it found my size very briefly on sale.

I've never heard of anyone asking them to add an item to the database. I'm not sure if that's possible. That said, the products in the database do change. If you buy an item now and can't find it in the database, it might appear in a week or two. Likewise, some items disappear from the database. If they remove an item, though, they let existing rewind searches on it finish up.

When you submit a claim based on a manual search, they want all the proof (lower price, receipt, card statement). When you do a search through the database, they seem to ask for a receipt and card statement for most claims over $20 and occasionally smaller ones. If your receipt says "XL" and the search is for "LT(E)", then they could deny the claim.

I'd suggest you submit a manual claim or search their database for the most generic (yet still accurate) description of the item you can find. You can also start multiple searches for the same item, so long as you cancel the less-successful ones before they finish.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, in my understanding, I should search for as generic of an option as possible and hope for the best? Haha. Sounds good to me. 

You'd mentioned that they request a receipt and card statement for rewinds over $20.... do they want the originals mailed to them...? Is the receipt that gets uploaded not sufficient? So I need to print out my end of month statement with that purchase and include my original receipt in that envelope and mail it to them...? That seems kind of retro if I'm understanding correctly....

Message 3 of 6
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So, in my understanding, I should search for as generic of an option as possible and hope for the best? Haha. Sounds good to me. 

You'd mentioned that they request a receipt and card statement for rewinds over $20.... do they want the originals mailed to them...? Is the receipt that gets uploaded not sufficient? So I need to print out my end of month statement with that purchase and include my original receipt in that envelope and mail it to them...? That seems kind of retro if I'm understanding correctly....

No, you can email copies of the documents to mybenefits@cardbenefitscommunications.com. I just photograph the receipt with my phone, trim the photo borders, and send it as a jpeg. The lower prices I record via screenshot and send as a jpeg. Statements I download from Citi's website and send as PDFs.

Sometimes they lose (or just don't bother to look for) the receipts that I've upload directly to the website, and I just include it in the email. Really, I rarely bother to submit the receipts directly to the website anymore. I just email them to myself and keep them in my inbox until they ask for one.

You can do both generic and specific searches. Multiple searches for one item are okay. Just remember to cancel the ones you don't want before they finish so they don't process a $1 claim when another search would have given you a $10 rewind.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 4 of 6
python0704
New Contributor

Aside from what wasCB14 said, I want to add that the price rewind searches a certain range of merchants, so even if you starts a rewind, don't stop looking for lower price yourself if possible. I sometimes found a lower price while rewind find nothing, so I just submit a claim via email. Download their claim form for all the materials they need to process your claim.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The item doesn't have to be in their database. You can submit your receipt and an add that you find for the same item at a lower price and they will refund you the difference in price. I have done this successfully.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.