Reply
New Visitor
UnderPar1818
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎01-26-2012
0

Citi Product Change Problems

Alright folks I hope someone can point me in the right direction. The following is what my credit portfolio looks like: 

1.Discover More - Open 11 months $1,000 CL

2. BOA - Open 5 months $900 CL

3. Citi Platinum Select Open 5 months $1000 CL

4. Amex - Zync Open 2 months

5. T.J. Maxx Store Card Open 5 months $500 CL

 

I desperately am trying to do a Product Change from the Citi Platinum Select to the Citi Forward, worst case scenario the Dividend. To make a long story short I have been calling Citi for months ( talking to managers)  and they cannot do a product change. Many of them have told me I had to wait 6 months. I got fed up and called the executive office today and the woman I spoke to there told me I would have to wait a year to product change due to the Credit Act and how I have a low int. rate and 0% apr until March. Is there anything else I can do to get my card switched? I do not want to close my account and apply for the Forward because I do not want any more hard inquiries. I am just at the point to where this Citi card has no benefits to me as I do not carry a balance and the Extra Cash reward system is completely useless. 

New Visitor
djwoody
Posts: 10
Registered: ‎01-26-2012
0

Re: Citi Product Change Problems

[ Edited ]

i hate to say it but u have to wait like me,, i want to go from the amex blue too the BCP and cant do it b/c of the cc act:smileysad:

Established Contributor
dyv8914
Posts: 825
Registered: ‎12-28-2011
0

Re: Citi Product Change Problems

Several people have had trouble switching from non-ThankYou point cards to Forward (which is a ThankYou point card). Other than waiting and asking again in a few months I'm not sure what else you can do. Even then, they may not do a PC.

 

If that is the case, inquiries no longer effect FICO scoring after 12 months. If you decide to apply then you can plan accordingly.

Valued Contributor
ptr2593
Posts: 1,486
Registered: ‎08-14-2011
0

Re: Citi Product Change Problems

[ Edited ]

UnderPar1818 wrote:

Alright folks I hope someone can point me in the right direction. The following is what my credit portfolio looks like: 

1.Discover More - Open 11 months $1,000 CL

2. BOA - Open 5 months $900 CL

3. Citi Platinum Select Open 5 months $1000 CL

4. Amex - Zync Open 2 months

5. T.J. Maxx Store Card Open 5 months $500 CL

 

I desperately am trying to do a Product Change from the Citi Platinum Select to the Citi Forward, worst case scenario the Dividend. To make a long story short I have been calling Citi for months ( talking to managers)  and they cannot do a product change. Many of them have told me I had to wait 6 months. I got fed up and called the executive office today and the woman I spoke to there told me I would have to wait a year to product change due to the Credit Act and how I have a low int. rate and 0% apr until March. Is there anything else I can do to get my card switched? I do not want to close my account and apply for the Forward because I do not want any more hard inquiries. I am just at the point to where this Citi card has no benefits to me as I do not carry a balance and the Extra Cash reward system is completely useless. 


 

They won't PC from Platinum Select to Forward, and Platinum Select is the exact same as Dividend.  It's the "Dividend Platinum Select" and is their student card.  I have it and the 5% rotating + 1% everything else is exactly the same as the Dividend for regular people (non-students).  

 

 

In My Wallet:
AMEX BCE, Citi Forward, Chase Freedom

In My Sockdrawer:
AMEX Clear, Citi Platinum Select, US Bank Platinum, J.Crew
New Visitor
UnderPar1818
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎01-26-2012
0

Re: Citi Product Change Problems

You are correct my bad with the name. I am a student so yes the Dividend Platinum Select. You say they won't product change, but do you know why?

Valued Contributor
ptr2593
Posts: 1,486
Registered: ‎08-14-2011
0

Re: Citi Product Change Problems


UnderPar1818 wrote:

You are correct my bad with the name. I am a student so yes the Dividend Platinum Select. You say they won't product change, but do you know why?


 
Presumably because the Dividend point system is completely different than the Forward/TY point system.  At least that's what they told me over the phone.

 

Others have tried and been denied as well for the same reason.

In My Wallet:
AMEX BCE, Citi Forward, Chase Freedom

In My Sockdrawer:
AMEX Clear, Citi Platinum Select, US Bank Platinum, J.Crew
New Visitor
UnderPar1818
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎01-26-2012
0

Re: Citi Product Change Problems

Okay. I was told from the executive office rep. I spoke with that she tried to change my rewards from the extra cash to the thank you, however since they were different systems she could not change JUST the rewards. She then proceeded to tell me that the product change would be able to happen after 1 year of having the card due to the CC Act.

Valued Contributor
ptr2593
Posts: 1,486
Registered: ‎08-14-2011
0

Re: Citi Product Change Problems


UnderPar1818 wrote:

Okay. I was told from the executive office rep. I spoke with that she tried to change my rewards from the extra cash to the thank you, however since they were different systems she could not change JUST the rewards. She then proceeded to tell me that the product change would be able to happen after 1 year of having the card due to the CC Act.



I've had my Dividend for 9 months and I tried to pc last week.  They told me they couldn't do it and also said it didn't matter that my card was less than a year old (I asked).

 

I guess you could wait and try though.

In My Wallet:
AMEX BCE, Citi Forward, Chase Freedom

In My Sockdrawer:
AMEX Clear, Citi Platinum Select, US Bank Platinum, J.Crew
Regular Contributor
timmis1127
Posts: 159
Registered: ‎03-02-2008
0

Re: Citi Product Change Problems

I have had my Citi Platinum since 2008 am i eligible for an upgrade?

Valued Contributor
ptr2593
Posts: 1,486
Registered: ‎08-14-2011
0

Re: Citi Product Change Problems


timmis1127 wrote:

I have had my Citi Platinum since 2008 am i eligible for an upgrade?



Only one way to find out :smileyhappy:  Flip your card over and call.  Let us know how it goes. 

In My Wallet:
AMEX BCE, Citi Forward, Chase Freedom

In My Sockdrawer:
AMEX Clear, Citi Platinum Select, US Bank Platinum, J.Crew

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}