Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Product Change Successfully

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, I did a product change from Citi CashReturns to Citi Platinum Select account last night. I got fed up with the recent approval 20.99% Flat APR for the Citi CashReturns so I decided not to use and ask to do a product change. It was pretty easy and smooth going with Citi, I told them I want a lower APR card and better CL. I pick Citi Platinum Select and ask for promotional APR so they took my request and offer me 5.9% APR for 6 months and then thereafter 15.24% APR which is better than 20.99% APR. For credit line increase, I have to wait for 6 months of account opening. As of now my CL is quiet low $1,600 still but whatever..

Citi is a bit weirdo sometime, i got two accounts the AA Bronze and Platinum Select. One is high limit and other is low limit. what is up with that?

Message Edited by CreditCard101 on 12-23-2009 06:06 AM
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
asanch12
Contributor

Re: Citi Product Change Successfully

hello CC101, what number did you call for the product change?

Starting Score: 665
Current Score: 688
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called the number on the back of the card..
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

YAY I got the RJ letter a month ago and they agreed to leave my cards at same apr but i wanted product change and the said no we dont do that anymore.After I saw your post i called and they product change my cards :-) they said they just started doing it a few days ago..... thanks for info
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Haha congrats, im sure they want to make the customers happy so yeah congrats again on your product change.

By the way I think I still earn cashback on my Citi Platinum Select too according to my online info, which is AWESOME..I get a lower APR and earn cashback on the card..WooHoo

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well thanks for the info i had a card that was ugly and had an AF and it didnt report the limit. ever though i talked my way out of the rj i still wanted to change the card and was told no for the past 2 months.  Now all im waiting for is them bringing back card consolidation so i can merg 2 cards without any hard pull . but the girl said they can consolidation but it takes 3 days and results in a hard credit pull .im always woried if they do a manual hard pull the credit anilist wont like somthing and close my cards so i said no.
Message 6 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

speaking of product Change, Anyone that got RJ to 29.99 been able to product change to lower apr card?  I know during last RJ, citi was product changing to avoid it, but didn't seem to have any offers for it this time round.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

They dident offer it this time but you may be able to call now and switch if you have 29.99 to somthing more realstic like 15.99 with a product change they just started offering it again 2 days ago so give it a shot good luck
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.