Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Product Change?

tag
awiser
Regular Contributor

Re: Citi Product Change?

@capitalkid wrote:

You will need to need to be out of your 0% APR period, you can have a balance on the card, and no lates,over limits ect...PC takes 45 days, they will send your new card in about ten days of the request though, and then you are done.  Any card in their Citi cuircuit on their website is able to PC -EXCEPT SIMPLICITY.  That one is special for some reason. You cant PC TO it, or OUt of it.  Other than that, have at it.  I PC'd Dividend to Hilton Reserve In May.  PC conversion was complete July 9th, my statement closing date.  

Good Luck.

I've called and asked twice and was told both times that I'm not eligible for any product changes.  At the time, I asked for the TYP but now the Dividend is looking much better. I tried my luck at chat and secure message today and was advised in both that it was possible but only over the phone.  I don't want to waste my time for a phone call that will again be futile. However, I just realized my card doesn't hit the one-year mark until September 3rd.  Perhaps I should wait until after then to request the change.  They have, however, already lowered my APR and increased my limit, per request.

Message 11 of 15
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

Yes, Citi will allow you to convert this card.  This is one of the things that I love about Citi. 

I had this card but hated the Easy Deals program.  I converted the card to a Citi WE card.  After getting tired of that card, I converted to a Citi TY Preferred card.  Thereafter, I upgraded to the Citi TY Premier card.  Last week, I converted to a Citi Prestige card considering the new design I saw posted here in the forums.  LOL.  

I actually love the TY points program considering you can redeem points for cash, statement credits or other stuff.  I have other Citi products (checking, custom line of credit) which also earn TY points.  So, you can really rack up on points depending on your overall relationship with Citi.  https://online.citibank.com/US/JRS/pands/detail.do?ID=CBNATYRNRewards (choose ThankYou Points Earning Chart).

Lastly, even though it takes a while for the account to fully convert, Citi has always sent me the new card within 7 days.  They tell me that I have time to review all of the account details for the new card.  Thereafter,  gives me a hard date to decide if I want to move forward with the conversion or stop the process and go back to my old account.  

Message 12 of 15
mikelo22
Established Contributor

I did not know about this! I think I will call today about PC'ing my Forward to a Dividend.

Message 13 of 15
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

@mikelo22 wrote:

I did not know about this! I think I will call today about PC'ing my Forward to a Dividend.

The Dividend card isn't apart of the TY program.  I believe the Dividend card only offers cash back up to a max of $300 per year.  

Message 14 of 15
mikelo22
Established Contributor

@JAY305 wrote:

@mikelo22 wrote:

The Dividend card isn't apart of the TY program.  I believe the Dividend card only offers cash back up to a max of $300 per year.  

Yeah, I was just looking at that. Thanks for the heads-up. Will have to give it some more thought.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.