Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Product Change

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Product Change

I just successfully converted my 10 year old Citi Dividend World MC to the Double Cash...trouble free and without a hard pull. I never seem to have any use for their quarterly purchase categories and would rather get double cash back.

It seems this is a popular conversion on this forum...but I have to ask. Was this a wise choice?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Product Change

You stated that 2% cashback is more useful to you, so I would say that you made a wise choice. Is there a reason why you think it wasn't one?

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

it was unclear whether or not I would be losing the World Master Card status...because they told me when I converted that I would be losing automatic price protection, but also losing the rewards caps, which seemed like a fair trade to me. Just wondering aloud.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

My DC is getting more action after the conversion in September than it had in the previous years. Lower redemption threshold and 2% all the time.

Message 4 of 8
leoment
Frequent Contributor

If you don't have a 2% card, this is a good choice!  I did the opposite - converted a useless and redundant TY Preferred card TO the Dividend  - I figure I'm more likely to max out the rewards in a quarter that's useful (when they pop up).

800+ across all three (via FAKOs) has been achieved! Current goal - Get down to 6 cards in total - sitting with 8 currently.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I got the card in the mail yesterday. Very exciting!  Unfortunately, the brand new card is already peeling on the front. Anyone have a problem like this? Is the DC typically cheap looking? nothing takes the excitement out if a new card like a damaged looking card.

Message 6 of 8
L-TWT
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I got the card in the mail yesterday. Very exciting!  Unfortunately, the brand new card is already peeling on the front. Anyone have a problem like this? Is the DC typically cheap looking? nothing takes the excitement out if a new card like a damaged looking card.

yes, the card is very poorly made/cheap looking, but in a way, that's part of the nostalgia IMO. Since PC my dividend world elite mastercard in late Dec. 2014, I have requested like 5+ replacement cards due to peeling like a banana (ie, front to back). ?.....when u received your card were u issued a new CC #? B/C i was

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah, they gave me a new card number. Also, I only had the World, not the World Elite. But that transferred over.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.