Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Product Change

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Product Change

My first credit card approval was the for the Citi Dividend, last August. I've since started using an Amex card, and the Dividend isn't particularly useful any more.

I've had the card just about 9 months, and it has a limit that was bumped from $1000 to $2400 a couple months ago.

The card is the college student version, although beyond the inital application I haven't found anything that distinguishes it from the regular card.

Anyway, I'd like to switch it to something with better rewards - either the Double Cash or ThankYou Premier card.

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with Citi product changes to share... Should I wait for the account to reach 1 year, or give them a call now?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Product Change

There isn't any downside to calling them now. While I think you need to wait a year, the worst that can happen is that they say "no" to the product change, you suck it up, and you try again in a couple months. Might as well try . . .

Message 2 of 5
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Yes, according to Citi to should wait a year. Do you know the APR structure on your Dividend? From what I was told you can only PC to a card with an identical APR range

Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone. I'll try calling soon, but it sounds like I should expect to wait 3 more months.

Unfortunately the APR range for the student Dividend card is 13.99-23.99% (1% higher than the regular Dividend, from what I could find online, but I'll have to double check)...

This doesn't match any of the other Citi cards; most seem to be 12.99-22.99% or 13.99-22.99%.

Hopefully this won't be a problem!!

Message 4 of 5
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Call them to just to make sure. I've heard of people PCing that card 

Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.