Senior Contributor
smallfry

Citi Product Change

I am stuck with a Citi Diamond Preferred card that I've had for the past 3 1/2 years. Limit is 16K interest rate 6.74%. The only rewards are this thing called Citi Cash which I have no use for at all. 

Has anyone had any luck lately doing a product change with Citi where they don't lose history and incur a new account hit or am I just stuck with this no rewards card at this point?

Frequent Contributor
scientifics

Re: Citi Product Change

You can do a PC, however, you will most likely loose that low interest rate!

Frequent Contributor
raenys

scientifics wrote:

You can do a PC, however, you will most likely loose that low interest rate!

+1

If you carry balances, I wouldn't recommend a PC. You have a great interest rate there. Wish I had it.

Is there any card in particular you want (only citi or perhaps you have your eye on some other reward card)?

If you have a good history with them, decent scores, low utility, you may qualify perhaps for an additional card. You would take a hit for the app. 

If it were me, i would keep the low interest card, and add a different reward card to my portfolio.

Established Contributor
UFGuy2006

smallfry wrote:

I am stuck with a Citi Diamond Preferred card that I've had for the past 3 1/2 years. Limit is 16K interest rate 6.74%. The only rewards are this thing called Citi Cash which I have no use for at all. 

Has anyone had any luck lately doing a product change with Citi where they don't lose history and incur a new account hit or am I just stuck with this no rewards card at this point?

I have the same exact card with the same interest rate. You can PC it, but the times I've called Citi to request a PC, they've indicated that they wouldnt recommend it as I'd lose the super low rate. Kinda bummed as I don't use this card for much of anything right now.

FICO: EX: 752 (3/14); TU: 768 (3/14); EQ 711 (3/14)

In My Wallet: Amex X 5 | Barclays X 3 | BOA X 1 | CapOne X 3 | Chase X 3 | Citi X 6 | DCU X 1 | Discover X 1| Fidelity X 1 | Fifth Third X 1 | PenFed X 1 | PSECU X 1 | USAA X 2 | US Bank X 1 | Walmart X 1

Holding off apps for the next 6 months! Last inq 4/2/2014.
Regular Contributor
sgs10

[ Edited ]

I pc'd from platinum to dividend with same interest rate and intro offers. IMHO citi CSR's are more knowledgable about PC's, just give a try!!!

Senior Contributor
smallfry

Very helpful Bit on the Citi Dividend but lost the low rate. Not a big deal since I will not revolve a balance. Now if Penfed would cooperate I would be all set but I know there is no chance of dumping the vanilla Gold for a Rewards card with them. High limit place holder I guess.

Frequent Contributor
raenys

May I ask what scores you have? Just curious what it takes to get a nice low interest rate. I have all reward cards, but I wouldn't mind having a card with a low rate. It would be my "just in case" card. I don't keep balances either, but you never know.

Senior Contributor
smallfry

I originally got the card with an 8 year old BK7. Experian I believe at the time was 717. No rhyme or reason with Citi at times it seems. EX is now 796 they offered me 14% and change I took it. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+