Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Promo 5.99%

tag
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

Citi Promo 5.99%

Hey guys,

Checking in like always when I have something I hope is useful for others. I know some have been saying Citi has been slowing down on APR reductions lately. My 18 month 0% just expired about a month or so ago. Anyway, they just extended me a 5.99% promo rate until next year. They actually did deny my first request when my 0% intro first expired last month. I was a bit shocked, to be honest. I asked the rep when he suggested I should call back and he seemed to be signaling soon without saying so. Anyway, sure enough I called today and was offered a reduction, albeit temporarily, for being "one of the lucky few good customers" haha, well at least it sounded nice.

Hope this helped anybody looking for a reduction from Citi. It didn't seem a permanent reduction was an option at this time.

FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Citi Promo 5.99%

Thanks for sharing credit _ hawk, something is better than nothing so nice jobSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 6
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

I dunno people.

Citicards is really doing well for it's customers on offers/bonus and other helps here and there plus are pretty darn consistent about that if you ask me.

I honestly expect them to come out with some new attractive card yet again, maybe not soon, but you can bet they are working on something to attract more attention their way and continue to build their position in the market to their liking and hopefully make it worthwhile for us too.

Message 3 of 6
minski
Established Contributor

They had offered a 0% APR promo until January 2018 a couple months ago which I had enrolled for. Then, they sent out an email saying that there had been a glitch for some people and could you please re-enroll? I figured I didn't need to bother since I had seen confirmation that I'd been enrolled so was really annoyed when the website showed my APR was still the standard last week or so; I paid off the balance I'd been planning on keeping until January. Then this week I saw that yes, I AM still enrolled and I was annoyed all over again!

I've been displeased with them since that kerfluffle over the promo 0% APR and then denying me a permanent APR reduction; am slightly mollified to know that I at least have temporary 0% APR until January but am hesitant to take advantage of it in case there's another glitch going on Smiley Frustrated

Message 4 of 6
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Credit_hawk wrote:

Hey guys,

Checking in like always when I have something I hope is useful for others. I know some have been saying Citi has been slowing down on APR reductions lately. My 18 month 0% just expired about a month or so ago. Anyway, they just extended me a 5.99% promo rate until next year. They actually did deny my first request when my 0% intro first expired last month. I was a bit shocked, to be honest. I asked the rep when he suggested I should call back and he seemed to be signaling soon without saying so. Anyway, sure enough I called today and was offered a reduction, albeit temporarily, for being "one of the lucky few good customers" haha, well at least it sounded nice.

Hope this helped anybody looking for a reduction from Citi. It didn't seem a permanent reduction was an option at this time.

I think they have been scaling back on APR Reductions. Currently my DC Card is about 13.99 from some many months ago and the few requests i made since they said i was at the lowest they could offer.

Took that to mean they might be spreading the time period farther out then before until it is eligible for another reduction or else maybe that's the cap for my internal scoring with them.

I should know somerhing a little more concrete when the next SP CLI cycle comes up again in a couple of weeks whether they stick to that rate or not.

With the Fed Rate continuing to move up it's a sure bet banks want to make the most of that while it is to their advantage.

Message 5 of 6
NRB525
Super Contributor

I have been getting regular low purchase APR promo offers on my 4 active Citi cards. Currently a 1.9% on one of the AA and some small APR on the second AA. Late in 2016 had low purchase APR promos on at least three cards for six to nine months, depending on card. 

I havent run run into any glitches, but a good way to confirm participation is to check the tranches of interest rate ( and expiry dates of them ) on the monthly statement. 

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.