Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Question

I want to apply for a CLI. I've had the account since my Freshman year in college. Never really used it for much, and the current limit is $1200. My EQ score is 657. I've never requested an increase - hence the ridiculously low limit. I have two other cards also with limits under 2K. What are the odds of getting a CLI. I should also note that I've never given them information on my income or employment. My income is fairly high 150k if that will help. I've read that you can do this through thier website, but there is no option to so. I would prefer to increase the amount of this account to make the purchase (engagement ring) and pay it off in Jan and Feb, rather than open an account through the jewler. I know, I know - don't buy what you can't afford. The thing is I could write a check for the dang ring, but it would empty my checking account and I don't want to do that. Basically need some cash flow management help for the next two months. Thoughts?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

Re: Citi Question

how does your report look anything bad, etc?  do you know your fico scores? if not i'd recommend buying them here, google for a code...if no recent baddies and you dont see the cli on the sites and with your income i would call and you may want them to update with your income info, you may want to ask if hard or soft pull, but if you dont have any recent inqiuries and everything looks good i'm sure you could get something higher, all they can say is NO
~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

My EQ score currently is 657. I used to work for a non-profit and basically was completely irresponsible with my finances. I have a paid charge off from Amex from 2001 which should drop off in the next year. I also had an MBNA now BofA charge off that was completely paid in April or May of this year. I started to clean up my credit in early 07 but was not smart about it -- should have tried to get a PFD on the BofA. At any rate my credit report isn't pretty. In February my EQ score was 498 -- I found this out when I went to buy a car. I got a loan through Wachovia but at a crappy 11% rate. Am paying it off with a payment and a half a month, and currently have a zero balance on the other cards -- or at least will at midnight. I traveled to see family in early Nov. and used the Citi card with the 1200 limit to rent a car which bumped the balance up to about 320. Was paid in full at the end of November. I haven't had any inquiries except for two within 5 days when I was shopping for a car in February. Just curious what you guys thought about getting a CLI. My income (which has more than doubled in the last 18 months) makes it somewhat embarrassing that I have less than $2200.00 in available consumer credit --- something about all those chickens coming home to roost. As I said – I have the account with Citi for almost 15 years, and have never asked for an increase, just curious what folks think the odds of a CLI are and what the best course of action would be.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

dastardly, I would contact a credit union like CCCU. They will look @ your income not just your score and give you a CC with a good CL. In addition they will more then likely offer to refi your auto loan @ a more favorable rate.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

well the request an increase button magically appeared on the online statement overnight. I called and they offered to auto-cli to $1700. I asked for 10. We will see in 8 hours.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.