Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Reallocation Of Limits

tag
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Citi Reallocation Of Limits

Hi Again

For anyone familiar with Citicards can you tell how best to approach them when you've decided that it's in the better interest for you to close one card and transfer that limt over to another one when you have two??

In this case i prefer to close the Aadvantage Card when it comes up to the 1 year anniversary and throw that line over to the Double Cash one.

Are they usually ok with that or is it a hit or miss type of experience?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
mdd0214
Contributor

Re: Citi Reallocation Of Limits

I tried 2-3 times to consolidate my citi cards, with no success at all. Could not even combine to DC that I had opened. They kept suggesting a CLI. Some older threads report success combining with patience and the right CSR or supervisor, but I don't have the requisite patience, to be completely honest.

Message 2 of 7
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@mdd0214 wrote:

I tried 2-3 times to consolidate my citi cards, with no success at all. Could not even combine to DC that I had opened. They kept suggesting a CLI. Some older threads report success combining with patience and the right CSR or supervisor, but I don't have the requisite patience, to be completely honest.

Thanks a bunch for your feedback and from personal experience too.

I read posts of some other members who have run up against that same disappointment with them.

Looks like it wouldn't be so big a deal for them to do that for customers in the first place but i suppose it doesn't hurt to keep trying.

Thanks Again.

Message 3 of 7
Viva-LV
Frequent Contributor

I had the AA card @ 10k, and the Hilton Honors card @ 11.4.  Talked to regular CSR, was told I'd have to leave $400 on the HH card, but could reallocate 11k to the AA, with a hp.  I agreed, got it approved.  Got a call from Citi three days later: rep said i could only go to 17.9 on the AA, the rest would go back to the HH.  So, that's where I sit:  AA @ 17.9, HH @ 4K.  To top it off, got a sp cli of 7K on my Prestige to 16.9.  Haven't been able to get a cli on the AA card since it opened.  So. a regular CSR should handle your request, expect a hard pull though.  Good luck!

Am Ex | BOA | Chase | Citi | Disc | PenFed | USB | 400K Club
Message 4 of 7
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Viva-LV wrote:

@I had the AA card @ 10k, and the Hilton Honors card @ 11.4.  Talked to regular CSR, was told I'd have to leave $400 on the HH card, but could reallocate 11k to the AA, with a hp.  I agreed, got it approved.  Got a call from Citi three days later: rep said i could only go to 17.9 on the AA, the rest would go back to the HH.  So, that's where I sit:  AA @ 17.9, HH @ 4K.  To top it off, got a sp cli of 7K on my Prestige to 16.9.  Haven't been able to get a cli on the AA card since it opened.  So. a regular CSR should handle your request, expect a hard pull though.  Good luck!

I almost forgot about that one. Thanks for the reminder on that.

No problem eating the HP if they can scrape most of the limit from the Aadvantage to fill up the DC card.

I actually had phenomenal luck with the Citi EO department in getting satisfaction for raising the limit on what was at the time just one card but since they have the 6 month SP CLI i haven't tried the EO since. That was 3 years ago.

Haven't tested the workings with a CSR yet but can do on that.

Message 5 of 7
nrm
Frequent Contributor

Just ask to speak with an account manager. That was what I did. They will leave $300.00, or $500.00 on the unwanted card.
Message 6 of 7
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@nrm wrote:
Just ask to speak with an account manager. That was what I did. They will leave $300.00, or $500.00 on the unwanted card.

Thank You nrm.

That's useful for a try. Reminds that i have read something to do with those account managers being able to do that once we're connected with one.

Good tip!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.