Regular Contributor
flyingmd

Citi Recon Success!!!

Hi All,
A couple weeks ago had applied for the Executive Citi World Elite MC. I was denied for too many inquiries. As I have plenty credit and had several other cards recently approved, i wasn't too sorry for the denial. I called the backdoor and of course they denied. Well, I am planning on some international travel on AA and after second thought was sorry I didn't pursue it. After reading this forum it seems that Citi is one of those that rarely approves with recon. BUT, I also learned from this forum that the backdoor number is really no good unless you ask for a supervisor. The csr do not have the ability to deviate from the script.
So here we are two weeks after I got the denial and called backdoor with no success. I called this am again and asked right off the bat for a supervisor. Well after talking wih the supervisor and explaining the inquiries, she put me on hold for 2 min and came back saying "congratulations, I have approved you for the executive world elite card with a 22K CL" she even asked me if that was enough!! I am so excited to get the card and bonus miles, along with a good CL and I owe it all to you guys. Would have never thought to pursue a denial like that!! Thank you myFICO members.
Established Contributor
andre181

Re: Citi Recon Success!!!

22k definitely deserves a BIG congratulations! 

Discover IT $24K | FNBO Visa $20K | Citi Forward $12.5K | US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $10K | Priceline/Barclays $10K | Amazon/Chase Visa Sig $8.3k | Citi ThankYou Preferred $6.5K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Sallie Mae World MC/Barclays $5K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | Commerce Bank $5K | WF Cash Back Visa $3.6K | Amazon/GEMB $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | AMEX BCE $2K Target $1K | AMEX Green
EX FICO (from AMEX): 754, TU08 FICO (from Discover): 755, AAoA: 3.6 years
Regular Contributor
flyingmd

For those wondering. My scores are all in the 710-735 range. Citi pulled EX 2 weeks ago. Was 734. 22K is by far not my largest CL. My AAoA is 23 yrs. No negatives in last 7 yrs. A few 30 days before that during my divorce
Regular Contributor
flyingmd

Thanks!! I would have never in a million years thought to pursue a denial if it weren't for this forum. Wish I knew about you guys 10 years ago!!
Super Contributor
concorduser

Congrats...

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+