Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Recon Success????

tag
Longroad
Established Contributor

Citi Recon Success????

I had 2 denials on my spree a couple of weeks ago, Discover and Citi, both cited too many inquiries as the sole reason. I understand that Discover does not recon and that was confirmed by a phone call as well. Has anyone had any luck with Citi on recon, especially with explaining inquiries?

Edit: the front line CSRs are not very helpful. They just act like they are reading from a script. Is there any analyst numbers or anything to call?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Recon Success????

@Longroad wrote:

I had 2 denials on my spree a couple of weeks ago, Discover and Citi, both cited too many inquiries as the sole reason. I understand that Discover does not recon and that was confirmed by a phone call as well. Has anyone had any luck with Citi on recon, especially with explaining inquiries?

Edit: the front line CSRs are not very helpful. They just act like they are reading from a script. Is there any analyst numbers or anything to call?

for one thing I applied for both the Citi AAdvantage and Citi Simplicity card at the same thing. Funny thing - the AAdvantage card was approved after having me send in a copy of my social security card whereas the Simplicity was denied citing too many inquiries (only 5 at the time of both applications). I tried to recon with the credit analyst no success, I escalated to the Executive Office same outcome too. I kinda gave up, well mainly cos the real card I actually wanted is the Citi Hilton Honors but imma apply for that when all my inquiries falls off in 2016 that's if it's still in existence by then...

Message 2 of 5
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I've never had a successful Citi reconsideration.  How many inq are we talking?  They tend to be sensitive to 6 or more on any given CR in the last 6 months.  And yes, their front line CSR's are all over the board on everything.

For best results (and to spare your sanity) try googling "Citi Executive Review Department address" (more success stories from writing). 

Message 3 of 5
Longroad
Established Contributor

7 in the last 6 mos. 2 of those were due to me having to co-sign with my son on his first apartment.

Message 4 of 5
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

I've never had a successful Citi Recon either. Not even with the backdoor numbers. They always tell you something idiotic like "well just send us a copy of your credit report for reconsideration within 30 days of application" as if they arent looking right at one of their own...lol. I just took the denials after a while. It took me a couple of tries but I finally got in.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.