tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Citi Recon makes me suicidal

Message 11 of 30
colindidit
Established Contributor

I feel like I'd have the same trouble as creditaddict lol and I do have an abnormally large amount of EX inquiries as opposed to EQ And TU
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 12 of 30
colindidit
Established Contributor

@credit, did they take another HP? I don't want another HP if I recon.
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 13 of 30
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

+1 on crazy Citi recon. At least you got your card - congratulations!  You still get the full bonus even with $1K limit correct? 

I'm out 2 HP with three decline letters getting ready to audio record a call to the Citi Response Unit tomorrow just to get an answer on why they informed me to reapply after 24 hours (and cost me my second HP) knowing it was policy to auto decline 3 apps in less than 60 days.

Message 14 of 30
enharu
Super Contributor

@colindidit wrote:
I feel like I'd have the same trouble as creditaddict lol and I do have an abnormally large amount of EX inquiries as opposed to EQ And TU

same situation here!!! lol

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 15 of 30
colindidit
Established Contributor

Probably not nearly as much as me! Lol
Message 16 of 30
enharu
Super Contributor

i've got 11 on EX in last 24 months, 9 of them that we within last 12 months.

TU and EQ has like 1-2 on each of them for my entire credit history. for some reason the banks that i'm interested in pulls EX most of the time.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 17 of 30
colindidit
Established Contributor

18 in the last year... Lol until I found this site I was irresponsible apping just to app.. I think maybe 5 are in the last 6 months.
Message 18 of 30
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I hate Citi with a burning passion.
I did get a $5k Diamond Preferred, but HANDS down... The WORST SERVICE EVER! I had to coax them into following the law, i.e. send me denial reasons and the score they used to deny me. I know damn well they have access to your FICO too, bc I had to get brutal with one guy and make him tell me what it was. He also mentioned Citi will only do CLIs with a 750+ FICO.
I got the run around big time. Multiple documents were never received by me in the mail. Every time I call about an issue, they say something's in the mail, but I never get anything.
Plus, they hp'ed me FOUR times.
Once my 18 mos 0% apr is done for in my Diamond Pref., they will not get my business.
Plus, their TY points suck.
Do they even have a true cashback card??!

Sorry to vent.
Congrats bro LOL :-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 19 of 30
myjourney
Super Contributor

HOLD PLEASE................................................. Congrats Lol

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.