Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Recon makes me suicidal

tag
colindidit
Established Contributor

Re: Citi Recon makes me suicidal

Really making me wanna recon ^ lol
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 21 of 30
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@youngandcreditwrthy

Tell me how you really feel! Lol
Message 22 of 30
enharu
Super Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
I hate Citi with a burning passion.
I did get a $5k Diamond Preferred, but HANDS down... The WORST SERVICE EVER! I had to coax them into following the law, i.e. send me denial reasons and the score they used to deny me. I know damn well they have access to your FICO too, bc I had to get brutal with one guy and make him tell me what it was. He also mentioned Citi will only do CLIs with a 750+ FICO.
I got the run around big time. Multiple documents were never received by me in the mail. Every time I call about an issue, they say something's in the mail, but I never get anything.
Plus, they hp'ed me FOUR times.
Once my 18 mos 0% apr is done for in my Diamond Pref., they will not get my business.
Plus, their TY points suck.
Do they even have a true cashback card??!

Sorry to vent.
Congrats bro LOL :-)

The only good Citi cards imo are the Thank You Premier and Prestige, and you got to do a lot of travelling and quite a bit of spending to make the card worthwhile.

The dividend is good too, but Freedom and Discover are much better in that aspect.

Forward was good while it lasted.

There's some changes coming to Citi's program soon though according to rumors.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 23 of 30
colindidit
Established Contributor

This Peggy with citi bank, hold please!
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 24 of 30
myjourney
Super Contributor

@colindidit wrote:

Lol

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 25 of 30
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Lol I did, lexie ;-)

Bhahaha.
I must have talked to twenty diff ppl at Citi heh
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 26 of 30
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@colindidit wrote:

Lol

I'm glad I'm not the only one who somewhat sees a similarity between Citi and Cap 1   Smiley LOL

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 27 of 30
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

NO... Not a 2nd HP... OMG I might go postal but I can't because I have said it here! Smiley Tongue

You just have to know that you are calling recon and asking to talk to app people but they are NOT... you have to ask for Supervisor... I think I got that figured out, you can't talk about recon, about credit analyst, about underwriting, it's a "Supervisor" and only because you don't like the CSR or something not because they can actually "Review an application, they are there according to the CSR to review the denial "Letter" with you.

I mean I'm still speachless how many times I asked this women to transfer me, and she got nastier and nastier and I really thought she hung up on me at least 3 times because she "said" I wouldn't let her tell me what I needed to do.  So I said okay, tell me what that is. and she would not talk.... so I would wait 10 seconds, then I was like... hello? and she would be like "Yes, Sir?" I was like I have asked for a supervisor but you said I would not listen to what I needed to do, so please tell me what that is.... and silence again....

I was like hello? She was like yes sir? I was like you won't answer me, you won't talk, you keep telling me the ame thing, it's all lies... then she went on this I don't know what but I was like LADY, stop, Stop, STop, STOP... LADY STOP NOW! and she stopped and I was like I asked to be transfered at 30 seconds into this call because you are not in the department I need, you have done everything but transfer me, to the point that it's insulting, it's mean, it's a mega waste of time... Time is money and you are making Citi Bankrupt... Now I'm 40 minutes into this call and im not interested in anything more you have to say so I am going to say one more time... and I paused and I said very direct, mono tone, and sharp. "Please transfer me to a supervisor now!

and she said "Please hold".

I was like in my head (Really, after all that!)

I don't know what was said or what was in notes or what but the next rep was almost working in background like she knew half the terrible stuff that had happened and it didn't need to and just did stuff and asked me to hold... like i said just the one car question for the inq, basically like please confirm and i will approve... so who knows how it works... but all i know is i would just be strict to be transferred and if they are not willing to approve on transfer, wait for shift change and try again... but i assure you the "recon" line and "app stauts" line only take you to front part... you have to get to "Supervisor" beyond that!

Good luck anyone that does it!

Message 28 of 30
RyVision
Valued Contributor

^^^^^^ Somehow, THAT coming from Citi, doesn't really surprise me!  

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 29 of 30
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Sounds like my experience exactly!!!!
I work in a Leasing Office and nothing irritates me more than when some lame resident comes in looking to speaking with a manager over something stupid.
But the fact is, if I need to speak with a manager who works for a bank, it's for good reason! And they were giving me the same hassle to speak with one.
And they always end the call with some crap "we will not be happy until you're at peace"
Bahahha. Really, Citi?!!
Nah. I'd say 10% of the reps Ive spoken with have been very nice and customer service oriented, the rest were rude, rude, rude!!!
Normally, after an approval with a prime lender, I'll go out of my way to praise them. Not the case with Citi. I might even close my Diamond Preferred after 18 mos. The $5k won't even really affect my util. Haha!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.