Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Recon makes me suicidal

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Citi Recon makes me suicidal

I mean have you talked to these reps... am I that unlucky that I get the same type or is it just the way? HOW does one actually get a recon with Citi?

This rep now with the reference number from the denial for INQ only says that Citi "By the Federal Government CAN NOT keep or access credit reports after the computer makes the initial approval or denial without me going to experian.com and either disputing the information that is why I got denied or using that reference number to get "THE EXACT" report that Citi used and to fax it to them for them to have permission to then view it by human and review"

I'm still a little dizzy from lack of oxygen... I'm waiting for supervisor now (Which I asked for in 30 seconds because I knew the front line CSR could only tell me what the letter said" but I didn't expect the rest of what she said but I'm at 23 minutes and "Kay" is just coming on the line... She is asking for a 2-3 minute hold to review "notes"

can she really not access the credit report?

I will update.

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Citi Recon makes me suicidal... Update - APPROVED!

HOLY COW... I had to answer 1 question - Recently shopped and leased a car, put on hold 2 to "Input, Update, and Process the Card"

$1k... YAWN

But after that, at least the Inq was not a waste, unsure still if my now 2 40+ minute phone calls with 2 TERRIBLE lying (Mistrained, misinformed, who knows what they believe vs. what they just have to say) but it's so incredibly frustrating dealing with it knowing it's all bull and trying to get a result close to what I got but knowing how confusing credit is to begin with, how are people suppose to get better educated when our banks that (I don't trust or expect to know, but most do) if our banks lie to us or fill our heads with the "Governemnt" does or doesn't allow this or that or it's not us it's the credit reporting agencies... How do we learn what to do and how to do it!?

so 2 terrible App status reps, 1 terrible supervisor with credit access and a 2nd supervisor with credit access who realized i guess who knows what... I would like to say she realized how fantastic the credit is outside some inq but $1k doesn't say that... but agian I'll take it and run with it since I was hitting a WALL for 2 40+ minute phone calls to get to this outcome.

I'm off to the Wells Fargo to finish out the business credit card approval with them and to the foot spa to shed this bad energy from these calls this past week.

Wells and now BARCLAY!!! for sure renew my believe in a few things and I will take the citi and reflect over coffee, about all I can buy Smiley Tongue

YAY AA and US Air! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 30
dodgeball
Established Contributor

whatever you do dont kill yourselff

@Creditaddict wrote:

HOLY COW... I had to answer 1 question - Recently shopped and leased a car, put on hold 2 to "Input, Update, and Process the Card"

$1k... YAWN

But after that, at least the Inq was not a waste, unsure still if my now 2 40+ minute phone calls with 2 TERRIBLE lying (Mistrained, misinformed, who knows what they believe vs. what they just have to say) but it's so incredibly frustrating dealing with it knowing it's all bull and trying to get a result close to what I got but knowing how confusing credit is to begin with, how are people suppose to get better educated when our banks that (I don't trust or expect to know, but most do) if our banks lie to us or fill our heads with the "Governemnt" does or doesn't allow this or that or it's not us it's the credit reporting agencies... How do we learn what to do and how to do it!?

so 2 terrible App status reps, 1 terrible supervisor with credit access and a 2nd supervisor with credit access who realized i guess who knows what... I would like to say she realized how fantastic the credit is outside some inq but $1k doesn't say that... but agian I'll take it and run with it since I was hitting a WALL for 2 40+ minute phone calls to get to this outcome.

I'm off to the Wells Fargo to finish out the business credit card approval with them and to the foot spa to shed this bad energy from these calls this past week.

Wells and now BARCLAY!!! for sure renew my believe in a few things and I will take the citi and reflect over coffee, about all I can buy Smiley Tongue

YAY AA and US Air! Smiley Happy

Whatever you do dont kill yourself

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 3 of 30
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Citi Recon makes me suicidal

What card did you apply and which bureau did they pull?

Grats on the approval nevertheless!
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 30
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I'm not really sure if I'll ever apply for Citi- I don't mind calling for a recon but good god it seems they are by far the worst!
Message 5 of 30
enharu
Super Contributor

Their cards are nice and rewards are decent though. Just that their cs is extremely questionable
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 6 of 30
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Hey Addict!  (been gone a while & running into some of the "old timers") 

I never had any good energy from Citi OR Wells!  Especially Wells.  Had a long history with Wachovia & got my first prime card from them during my rebuilding with an 8k limit.  Wells took over & dropped that card (zero balance...never late..4 years old) to a 2k limit & never let me know of their intentions.  I called & gave them a piece of my mind & shreaded the card.

Just wondered why you find those 2 so worthy of You!

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 7 of 30
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

They pull EX
Bungalow - because my partner and his relationship... They hate me and I feel about the same per these convos too!
But with wells and his relationships we avoid the fees in early stages while building and not doing funky things!
Message 8 of 30
power1234

@09Lexie wrote:
I'm not really sure if I'll ever apply for Citi- I don't mind calling for a recon but good god it seems they are by far the worst!

I agree with you Lexie sometimes they can be really difficult.

Message 9 of 30
colindidit
Established Contributor

I was considering calling after they said they'd reconsider if I called after received the denial letter. But I'd honestly rather not put up with that and get a low CL . The only reason for denial for my citi was too many inquiries. You guys think it's worth calling for recon? Or no because I just got my Barclays?
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.