Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners

Re: Citi Recon makes me suicidal

Established Contributor

I feel like I'd have the same trouble as creditaddict lol and I do have an abnormally large amount of EX inquiries as opposed to EQ And TU
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Established Contributor

@credit, did they take another HP? I don't want another HP if I recon.
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Established Contributor

+1 on crazy Citi recon. At least you got your card - congratulations!  You still get the full bonus even with $1K limit correct? 

I'm out 2 HP with three decline letters getting ready to audio record a call to the Citi Response Unit tomorrow just to get an answer on why they informed me to reapply after 24 hours (and cost me my second HP) knowing it was policy to auto decline 3 apps in less than 60 days.

Super Contributor

colindidit wrote:
I feel like I'd have the same trouble as creditaddict lol and I do have an abnormally large amount of EX inquiries as opposed to EQ And TU

same situation here!!! lol

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Established Contributor

Probably not nearly as much as me! Lol
Super Contributor

i've got 11 on EX in last 24 months, 9 of them that we within last 12 months.

TU and EQ has like 1-2 on each of them for my entire credit history. for some reason the banks that i'm interested in pulls EX most of the time.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Established Contributor

18 in the last year... Lol until I found this site I was irresponsible apping just to app.. I think maybe 5 are in the last 6 months.
Senior Contributor

I hate Citi with a burning passion.
I did get a $5k Diamond Preferred, but HANDS down... The WORST SERVICE EVER! I had to coax them into following the law, i.e. send me denial reasons and the score they used to deny me. I know damn well they have access to your FICO too, bc I had to get brutal with one guy and make him tell me what it was. He also mentioned Citi will only do CLIs with a 750+ FICO.
I got the run around big time. Multiple documents were never received by me in the mail. Every time I call about an issue, they say something's in the mail, but I never get anything.
Plus, they hp'ed me FOUR times.
Once my 18 mos 0% apr is done for in my Diamond Pref., they will not get my business.
Plus, their TY points suck.
Do they even have a true cashback card??!

Sorry to vent.
Congrats bro LOL :-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

HOLD PLEASE................................................. Congrats Lol

+ Chase ink =

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.