Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Recon worked... kind of

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Recon worked... kind of

Hello Community,

I have good news! After weeks of work and waiting I have a posotive outcome. Three weeks ago I applied for the Citi TY premier card. Was declined due to a limited history. (AAoA 4yrs mostly auto with 1 cc 1yr old). Calls to supervisor did not work. Fusioncredit recommended I write a letter to the President (thanks Fusion) so they will recon for Citi TY preferred using existing inq. About 10 days later, I got a call from a rep letting me know she recieved my letter and will get back to me with response (she also gave me her direct line phone number). She called back a few days later to let me know they can not give me the TY premier card due to my limited experience with cc's and to consider me for another card I would have to app. Smiley Sad She said she really wanted to earn my business though, and while she cannot "guarentee" an approval on something else she strongly recommended I apply for the Citi Forward. If I were to have any problems she wanted me to call her directly. Well after some research I apped today and was instantly approved (need to fax over utility bill first, moved recently)!!! Thanks everyone for all your help. My EQ fico is 683, they pulled EX though. Feel free to ask Q's... 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Citi Recon worked... kind of

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello Community,

I have good news! After weeks of work and waiting I have a posotive outcome. Three weeks ago I applied for the Citi TY premier card. Was declined due to a limited history. (AAoA 4yrs mostly auto with 1 cc 1yr old). Calls to supervisor did not work. Fusioncredit recommended I write a letter to the President (thanks Fusion) so they will recon for Citi TY preferred using existing inq. About 10 days later, I got a call from a rep letting me know she recieved my letter and will get back to me with response (she also gave me her direct line phone number). She called back a few days later to let me know they can not give me the TY premier card due to my limited experience with cc's and to consider me for another card I would have to app. Smiley Sad She said she really wanted to earn my business though, and while she cannot "guarentee" an approval on something else she strongly recommended I apply for the Citi Forward. If I were to have any problems she wanted me to call her directly. Well after some research I apped today and was instantly approved (need to fax over utility bill first, moved recently)!!! Thanks everyone for all your help. My EQ fico is 683, they pulled EX though. Feel free to ask Q's... 

Congrats!!

You may want to see if they'll remove that 2nd INQ for you................long shot but worth a try!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Persistence does pay off! Congratulations!

Message 3 of 4
mxp114
Valued Contributor

So the underwriting for Forward vs ThankYou Premier is different? I don't see why? Unless Premier has a high min CL? What CL did you get? Congrats!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.