Regular Contributor
sammyfire2001

Citi Recon?

So, I applied for CIti Platinum Select MC and I was declined to the following reason:

-Your credit report shows too few credit references

-Your credit report shows your accounts have a low credit limit.

I currently have the following cards: BOA - CL: 3900

Chase Freedom- CL: 2500

Chase Platinum - CL 5500

Amex Blue- CL: 2500

Amex Green: No pre-set spending limit

Do you think I should recon?  I know this was decided by a comouter because when i called the automated staus line a few minutes after apping it told me that I was denied. What are your experiences with CIti Recon, if any? 

As of Jan 2009: EX - 659 EQ - 666 TU - 681

As of 2/13/09: EX - 648 (My last EX Fico)
Senior Contributor
smallfry

Re: Citi Recon?

sammyfire2001 wrote:

So, I applied for CIti Platinum Select MC and I was declined to the following reason:

-Your credit report shows too few credit references

-Your credit report shows your accounts have a low credit limit.

I currently have the following cards: BOA - CL: 3900

Chase Freedom- CL: 2500

Chase Platinum - CL 5500

Amex Blue- CL: 2500

Amex Green: No pre-set spending limit

Do you think I should recon?  I know this was decided by a comouter because when i called the automated staus line a few minutes after apping it told me that I was denied. What are your experiences with CIti Recon, if any? 

I would definitely recon. Your limits while not especially high don't strike me as very low either. I would call Monday during business hours and get a credit analyst on the phone. Good luck.

Regular Contributor
sammyfire2001

Re: Citi Recon?

smallfry wrote:

I would definitely recon. Your limits while not especially high don't strike me as very low either. I would call Monday during business hours and get a credit analyst on the phone. Good luck.

Thanks smallfry. Waiting to Monday will give me some time to a find a working backdoor number.

As of Jan 2009: EX - 659 EQ - 666 TU - 681

As of 2/13/09: EX - 648 (My last EX Fico)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}