Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
New Member
Posts: 4
Registered: ‎12-24-2011
0

Citi Recon?

I recently applied for a Citi Forward card.  Got denied, with the only reason being excessive inquiries on my report.  I sent a recon letter through PFB, but I'm not really sure if that's the best way to go about it.  I haven't seen a recon number or address, so I went with that.  It's been about a week since then, and I haven't heard anything.  Should I do anything else?  What's the best way to go about a recon attempt with Citi?

Established Contributor
Posts: 541
Registered: ‎12-02-2011
0

Re: Citi Recon?

I seriously dont think PFB works anymore.  I tried a recon on there, its been 3 months and still no feedback not even from the PFB people.  Did you try the backdoor numbers listed on here?

Established Contributor
Posts: 913
Registered: ‎06-09-2011
0

Re: Citi Recon?

I had the exact same experience a few weeks back, denied for Citi Forward for too many inquiries. Instead of calling (since I've never had luck with calling Citi about anything), I sent them a recon letter to the address listed on the denial email I got. About a week and a half later, they processed it, but after pulling the same report again, denied me for the same reason. So not only did it NOT help, they felt it necessary to pull my EX report again (about 2 weeks after the first time) so now I have two wasted inquiries from that one application.

YMMV, but it doesn't seem like they're all that willing (or able) to recon applications, from what I've experienced so far.

EQ 679 FICO (02/24/2012)
TU 721 FICO (03/10/2012)
EX 703 FICO (05/05/2012)

Cards: NFCU cashRewards $14k, NFCU Platinum $14k, USAA Amex $7k, Amazon Visa $3k, Chase Freedom $2.5k, Amex Zync NPSL, Discover More $1k, Amazon Store $1.3k, Walmart Store $700
Super Contributor
Posts: 6,677
Registered: ‎04-07-2008
0

Re: Citi Recon?


Askepio wrote:

I recently applied for a Citi Forward card.  Got denied, with the only reason being excessive inquiries on my report.  I sent a recon letter through PFB, but I'm not really sure if that's the best way to go about it.  I haven't seen a recon number or address, so I went with that.  It's been about a week since then, and I haven't heard anything.  Should I do anything else?  What's the best way to go about a recon attempt with Citi?


May I ask your credit profile, scores and what they pulled and your location?

 




Frequent Contributor
Posts: 373
Registered: ‎03-25-2011
0

Re: Citi Recon?

I successfully reconned a denial for :"too many inquiries" . I sent copies of my credit reports along with a letter and it worked for me ????? I have NEVER had any luck with Citi on any of their backed accounts by merely calling   ( never was able to make it past their front line calltakers that sounded like they were Manila based) best of luck

TU-721 (MortgagePull) EQ- 697(MortgagePull ) EXP 693(MortgagePull) FWEB 24,2015
My Wallet : Dicover More 35,500 CL -Amex Zync NPSL -WellsFargoRewards4800 - -CapOne 3000CL -GEMBWalMart 5000CL - Zales 4000CL-Kays 2900--Macys 5000CL /SSFCU 5000CL / CitiBank Diamond Pref 15000CL - CHASE Freedom 13500CL -Lowes 10,000 CL - BBuyStoreCard 10,000CL Sears Store Card (Citi) 3000 - Firestone CFNB 1400 Toyota Financial $35,000 Auto -2200DiscountTire(GECRB) Citi TY Preferred 8100CL - Chase Slate$4000-BofA15000-ToyotaRewardsVisa$10,700 -BofA$8500 AMEX BCE 9,500
Established Member
Posts: 33
Registered: ‎12-06-2011
0

Re: Citi Recon?


nuggets321 wrote:

I successfully reconned a denial for :"too many inquiries" . I sent copies of my credit reports along with a letter and it worked for me ????? I have NEVER had any luck with Citi on any of their backed accounts by merely calling   ( never was able to make it past their front line calltakers that sounded like they were Manila based) best of luck


 Hi Nuggets, 

 

I am trying to recon with Citi as well. You are right...as calling them has not gotten me anywhere.  Would you mind posting the address the letter was sent? 

 

Ms. Nae

" Whether you THINK YOU CAN, or whether you THINK YOU CAN'T, YOUR'RE RIGHT. (Henry Ford)

EQ (745) 12/10/11, TU (734) 12/10/11, EX (729) 12/10/11

New Member
Posts: 4
Registered: ‎12-24-2011
0

Re: Citi Recon?


CS800 wrote:

May I ask your credit profile, scores and what they pulled and your location?

 


Thin file, one year history.  At the time of applying, I had a Capital One Secured Mastercard for one year, a Cap One Cash Rewards for about four months, and an Amex Zync for about four months.   EQ FICO is 683, EX FICO is 698.  Not sure what they pulled, but it doesn't seem to be EX.  Located in Ohio.  

 

Also seconding the address request.  I figure a phone call will probably be pretty useless.  None of the backdoor numbers seem like they'd be good for a recon attempt.  Also, I'm hoping I can do it without having to send a copy of my report or getting another hard pull, because the Citi app was part of a small app spree, and it would look even worse with the new inquiries.   

Mega Contributor
Posts: 15,453
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: Citi Recon?


Askepio wrote:

CS800 wrote:

May I ask your credit profile, scores and what they pulled and your location?

 


Thin file, one year history.  At the time of applying, I had a Capital One Secured Mastercard for one year, a Cap One Cash Rewards for about four months, and an Amex Zync for about four months.   EQ FICO is 683, EX FICO is 698.  Not sure what they pulled, but it doesn't seem to be EX.  Located in Ohio.  

 

Also seconding the address request.  I figure a phone call will probably be pretty useless.  None of the backdoor numbers seem like they'd be good for a recon attempt.  Also, I'm hoping I can do it without having to send a copy of my report or getting another hard pull, because the Citi app was part of a small app spree, and it would look even worse with the new inquiries.   


I would think if your file was a litle thicker with history they might overlook the high INQ's. It's always worth a try!




EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Super Contributor
Posts: 6,677
Registered: ‎04-07-2008
0

Re: Citi Recon?

The thing i have found out about CITI is that none of the reps seem to be able to transfer you to the correct dept. I asked a smple question once and I was sent all over the palce and landed with retention.

 

Have the rep transfer you to a supersivor if you havent already done it.




Frequent Contributor
Posts: 373
Registered: ‎03-25-2011
0

Re: Citi Recon?

I honestly cant find the address,  however I DO distinctly remember that it was and address in South Dakota that came with my initial rejection letter. I also remember that the letter and info that I submitted were submitted to RM Pick ( evidently a supervisor/credit analyst). The rejection letter stated that if anything on my credit reports was inaccurate to submit clarification to this person.... I will dig around some more and see if I cant come up with more info

TU-721 (MortgagePull) EQ- 697(MortgagePull ) EXP 693(MortgagePull) FWEB 24,2015
My Wallet : Dicover More 35,500 CL -Amex Zync NPSL -WellsFargoRewards4800 - -CapOne 3000CL -GEMBWalMart 5000CL - Zales 4000CL-Kays 2900--Macys 5000CL /SSFCU 5000CL / CitiBank Diamond Pref 15000CL - CHASE Freedom 13500CL -Lowes 10,000 CL - BBuyStoreCard 10,000CL Sears Store Card (Citi) 3000 - Firestone CFNB 1400 Toyota Financial $35,000 Auto -2200DiscountTire(GECRB) Citi TY Preferred 8100CL - Chase Slate$4000-BofA15000-ToyotaRewardsVisa$10,700 -BofA$8500 AMEX BCE 9,500

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.